• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential EUVL F5X designed case user distribution check

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am not registered with Google and don't intend to do so.

Could somebody possessing a Google account please set up a Google spreadsheet listing and summarizing the different options available? Thanks in advance!

I believe it would be easier to monitor the progress of the individual decisions this way rather than scrolling up and down this thread.

I will set up a wiki page dedicated to all the upcoming "potential" groupbuys in the next few days.

Hi,
I remember when the boogey man used to be Microsoft :)
Heinz1 or anyone, please feel free to modify how you want.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...HYxdXZaY0pmaGJRUHk1bi1SdzdDOXc&hl=en_US#gid=0

Thanks very much, alazira, for setting up the spreadsheet. I've tried to identify the most relevant postings of the ongoing discussion and quote them here in order to facilitate your decision finding process; i.e you won't have to go back several pages in order to click on a link .....

A few questions to those who ordered Option 2.
Please agree on one answer for us to implement for all 24 cases on Option 2.

1. Hardware power on/off switch - yes/no?

Suggest Digikey # 679-1246-ND.
But we can also just provide a pilot hole 1.5mm for maximum flexibility.
Suggest to be placed to the immediate right of the PowerCon connectors.

2. Spkr protection relay - What model?

Suggest 50A 12V standard automotive relay, similar to :
FRC2 C 12 - 50A Hochstromrelais FRC2 12V, 1 Wechsler - Miniaturrelais Omron bei Reichelt Elektronik

> 3. Fuse holder for mains Tx and AUX Tx. Which type?

Suggest we drill pilot hole 1.5mm and allow for 13mm panel opening size.
Can also pre-drill 13mm.

4. Main connector ?

Suggest Neutrik PowerCon, or 16 or 20mm strain relief from Lapp Cable (e.g. Buerklin 16H2852) :
https://www.buerklin.com/

5. Spkr terminal -10mm hole or 1.5mm pilot drill ?

6. Neutrik XLR input connector for input ?

Suggest Neutrik NC3FAAV2 :
NEUTRIK|NC3FAAV2|SOCKET, XLR, PCB, VERTICAL, 3POLE | Farnell Deutschland

7. Max. size for aux power t'former :

15VA, 60 dia x 30H max.
(Mine was from DK, but they seem to be discontinued.)

8. M4 earthing bolt on LHS of PowerCon ?

Be nice to each other while coming to an agreement.... ;)

Patrick

Link to the APEM power switch:

Digi-Key - 679-1246-ND (Manufacturer - 631NH/2)

Auxilary transformer:

You need to confirm a transformer choice so that I know what mounting hole size to drill.
Maybe you want to use a PCB transformer and then made one PCB for the AUX PSU.
(7812, 7912 TO220 + diodes + caps)
Max footprint 90x98mm, max height from mounting surface 32mm.

I found an appropriate toroid (size 58mmx30mm) manufactured by the renowned company Sedlbauer in the German Conrad webstore:

Ringkern-Transformator 230 V~ 2 x 12 V 15 VA Sedlbauer im Conrad Online Shop

Conrad offers a nice discount scheme for this item. The only drawback might be that it hasn't 2x115V but only 1x230V primaries.

Perfect for you. But it also indicates that the size I mentioned is realisitic.
Sedlbauer usually have slightly larger size than others.

Patrick

Schurter, PowerCon or Schaffner

1), 3), and 4) could be bundled into something similar if there’s room;

FILTER, IEC, 10A, 2P SWITCH
SCHURTER|DD12.9121.111|FILTER, IEC, 10A, 2P SWITCH | element14 Australia

Could also be used for 8) as theres a metal back plate that connects directly to the ground lug :bulb:

The Schurter unit to replace 1,3,4 will fit the space available, just (in height). Please decide amongst yourselves for the rest. I will check your proposals for feasibility. Also please try to organise GB for these parts together with components you need for the amp, etc.

Mouser sells the same Schurter IEC module for significantly less that Farnell. If we were to group buy (25) of them, they run about $19 each (link). The Schurter unit does look like a nice solution for the F5X.

Schaffner FN 282 - 6 -06 is a nice fused & filtered 6A IEC socket.

It would be really nice if there is sufficient meat around the input socket that I can file it larger (if necessary) to fit my 2 "in stock" examples.

The following can now be performed with the help of alazira's spreadsheet:

I suggest one of you make a default list of all components, and see how many will vote for them (individually).
When you have all 25 votes, then it is done deal.
If not, you'll have to see whether a majority vote (say 15) will be acceptable to all.

Otherwise only discussions and no real progress.

Patrick

Patrick,
there is a small discrepancy with regard to the maximal diameter of the AUX
TF: In post #217 you give 60mm; in the spreadsheet, you wrote 58mm.

58mm is the diameter of the Sedlbauer/Conrad TF suitable for the European buyers.

I don't know whether this difference is anyhow important. Could you please change/correct accordingly? TIA.

Thanks, Patrick, for your explanation.

I was investigating whether I could find standard toroids with 2x115V primaries suitable for use as AUX transformers (2x12V, 15VA) by browsing through the websites of US manufacturers known to me.

- Antek does not carry 15VA types

- Plitron's 15VA toroids are too large (63 mm diameter)

But Avel Lindberg produces a suitable one: part # Y236002 (60mmx28mm)

Transformers and Power Converters From Avel Lindberg, Inc.

A price is not given.

Important note !!

Mark Lai has pointed out to me that there is not sufficient depth to allow the use of the Schurter IEC / Switch / Fuse combination.
Max. space from the rear panel till it hits the transformer is 36mm.

The use of IEC + switch is possible, e.g. :

http://www.schurter.de/var/schurter...iles/document/datasheet/de/pdf/typ_6010-K.pdf
http://www.schurter.de/var/schurter/storage/ilcatalogue/files/document/datasheet/de/pdf/typ_KEB2.pdf

But these will have no filter and no fuse.

If you can find something else with depth (behind panel) less than 36mm, I can check for you.

Sorry about that,
Patrick

CONRAD GB HEATSINKS
READY TO ORDER!

I think most of us are in agreement that bulk shipment to the two nominated regional distributors for USA and Europe is the most cost effective method. For Asia Conrad will ship directly to Malaysia, Japan and Australia. Pmchoong and Nikon 1975 I will need your addresses at some stage, please pm me.

Conrad have enough stock at the moment to cover this order, taking 2-3 weeks to complete. Shipping is via Fed Ex 3-4days. I think it’s time to get the ball rolling and start to get payment arranged and Conrad to proceed with the work needed.

Here is a spreadsheet of your individual costs:
https://spreadsheets1.google.com/sp...npK-FZmcf9ttQ&hl=en_US&authkey=CKuU0-8O#gid=0

All costs are in Australian Dollars. The amount in RED is the price excluding fees and VAT. The amount in BLUE is a guide for your reference only as the final price may vary according to your circumstances. Again, please double check that the sum that I receive is the price excluding fees and VAT.

The spreadsheet is un-editable, I will update the paid column as I receive payments. I suggest you send me a pm or post here if you have paid to prompt me.

My paypal account is: johnwilliammclean@bigpond.com

A small buffer has been added to cover any unforeseen costs – this will be donated to the Japan earthquake victims if not utilised.

Please let me know if there is anything amiss or needs revision.

FURTHER CASE NEWS

We also have bulk shipment charges now for the case. 600 Euros for 11 sets to both USA and Europe.

We have bought 50 pieces regulator heatsink locally for 6 Euros each.*
Add another Euro 2.50 for tapping. That is 17 Euros extra. Still a bargain in any case.

Production for case parts is scheduled for some time in July.

:D

Hi John,
thanks for proceeding with the heatsink GB. I've just sent you AUD172.

A remark on the European VAT:

This tax will be determined when the goods pass customs into the European Union. It is not yet clear, in which country smyslow will pick up the sinks, it will be either Austria or Germany.

So, the VAT will be either 19% (if the sinks are picked up in Germany) or 20% (if picked up in Austria).
The country of the final destination will not be considered; it's the entry point into the EU that matters.

Yes, the regulator heat sinks were originally not included, but we found a local source in HK which was very good price, so we went ahead and bought 50 pieces to offer to you at the same price (6 Euros). However, they might need machining from 150 to 134mm. But it should not cost much extra. I estimate max 10 Euros per piece including machining, tapping and re-anodising afterwards, but shall confirm next week.

It is optional, so you are not compelled to order. But we doubt you'll get it at a better price with all machining and re-anodising.

Patrick

Last edited:
A remark on the European VAT:

This tax will be determined when the goods pass customs into the European Union. It is not yet clear, in which country smyslow will pick up the sinks, it will be either Austria or Germany.

So, the VAT will be either 19% (if the sinks are picked up in Germany) or 20% (if picked up in Austria).
The country of the final destination will not be considered; it's the entry point into the EU that matters.

Thank you for pointing this out!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.