Post Your Results II

well im not sure about a scale (we all view things differently, what is ok with you may not be with me). But I would like if when any pictuer is taken the lighting conditions and light source are described.

Biggest thing, when taking pictures of your output---Cartoons look great, so do most bright Video Games... but I would prefer
maybe a shot of a average (yes, I know ..whats average?) night time scene in a movie, and maybe a something inside (non-cartoon). I always thing a average Nighttime scene really shows how a setup works. I know my setup was not up to my specs on Harry Potter (first one) at the begining when they are taking the street lights out... mine was way to dark, but after a brighter bulb Im happy with it.

Clok

I'm not really sure what Property was talking about in the rating scale. I read it several times but couldnt figure out how he want a rating. I can tell you that the room was somewhat dark. It is in a basement so its dark even in the day time with the lights off. Also, the projector I am using is just a normaly Projector, not retrofitted or anything. I believe the model is 3m Three Sixty Six. I couldnt find any info on the web about this. Also, about taking pictures of a show/movie in the evening. I'm not sure about you guys, but I had a hard enough time taking a picture of Sponge Bob because my digital camera doesnt allow me to take picutres in the dark. I can tell you this though, it wont allow me to take a picture of Sponge Bob in the dark on a normal TV. That should give you some kind of comparrison of the light being produced. I might get some film and just take some pictures with my 35mm camera then scan them and post them on here. Also, once I am finished mounting my projector I will post that as well.

While I'm on the subject of mounting my projector, maybe someone could help me with this. I have it mounted between the floor Joists. As most people know, if you dont mount the projector right in the middle of the screen, the trapezoid gets messed up. Its not very messed up but I would like to be able to fix it. If anyone knows a way to adjust the lcd maybe to get the image to its rectangular shape again, please let me know.

sure you've seen a lot from the proxima 822c panel but here's my result with it. it's (zoolander 1disc divx) being projected onto a white cinder block wall with a dukane 4000. a diy screen will be made soon, but you can tell there's potential.

one question though. when shots pan from left to right or vice versa, there is a slightly noticeable lag/glitch. i know this is due to the 822's slow memory. there are the functions frequency and sync on the panel. will adjusting this at least better ease this problem? if so what are the proper settings? or are there any other way of controlling this through your computer video settings? i have a radeon 9700 pro as well. sorry if this has been posted before. i couldn't find much about it.

this pic was taken with a sony cyber shot 3.4 megapixel. i was sitting down at an angle while taking shot from about 7 feet from wall.

Attachments

• mmm.jpg
    mmm.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 5,732
diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
Plenty of camera..still learning how to use it tho... (F602Zoom) The camera is capable of capturing this image much better than it appears I'm sure.

Projecting 10x8 at approximately 10.5 ft throw. This the distance my PJ needs to be to project in "full screen" mode which is the best possible useage of my 800x600 res.

My desired throw is 12ft or better to achieve "full screen" use. To realize this goal I will be experimenting with optics in the near future.

And yes the "fish pond" is going to be moved in the very near future ;)

zardoz

Attachments

• ispy 009_web.jpg
    ispy 009_web.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 5,645
diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
Property

The 800x600 helps quite a bit, I have 2 panels here that would be better but they were trashed in shipment :( An LG 1024x768 @12.1 inchs and a Toshiba 1024x768 @14 inchs.

I got lucky and the Ebayer that sold them accepted the responsabillity for poor packaging....refunded my purchase amount, so I was only out the shipping.

Still a shame to loose those nice LVDS panels, their response time is so much better than my TTL panels...although they would be MUCH harder to modify to suit my purposes than my present panels.

zardoz

zardoz

I have a 12.1 in xga nec panel i'll give you. I got it on ebay hoping it work with my controller but the panel has a 20 pin connector and i need a special nec connector. The place i got it from said it worked. I took the back off so i coulda messed it up. If you want it I give it to u for 5 bucks if it still works, if its busted then just forget the money.

tried to e-mail you but the darn site wont let me.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
Re: zardoz

chbright said:
I have a 12.1 in xga nec panel i'll give you. I got it on ebay hoping it work with my controller but the panel has a 20 pin connector and i need a special nec connector. The place i got it from said it worked. I took the back off so i coulda messed it up. If you want it I give it to u for 5 bucks if it still works, if its busted then just forget the money.

tried to e-mail you but the darn site wont let me.

sent you an Email

zardoz

Zardoz.....

When I eventually get some more cash and time...I'm planning on going the laptop screen and controlled route. You seem to be the one with the most experience in this area so I am looking for some advice. I have my eye on the NEC NL10276BC20-4 (10.4"\300:1\XGA\15ms response time) and was wondering if you know how hard it would be to take the circuit boards off the back of this lcd. If not do you have any suggestions on who I could contact to get a schematic or more info on exactly how this baby is put together. I don't want ot go spending my money only to find I can't use it. The reason I'm asking is that I've seen the back on a few of NEC's laptop screens and the main circuit board seems to be connected at the top and bottom to the lcd...with those troublesome brown flex cables. Any info would be appreciated.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
bitbyter

The panel you describe sounds like a good one from it's spec's...as for the NEC board relocation problem? I'm going to be facing it soon myself I believe (once I get some cash to chbright ;) ) I'm not sure how or if I will be able to overcome it but rest assured I will post my results.

The easiest LCD's I've found to use so far are slightly older "Sharp" panels.

zardoz