Post Your Results II

In the arcade (I work in an arcade, so I play it more often than never), I've gotten $43,000+ using the tricycle and BD Joe. At home, I usually get around $10,000. My girlfriend is the one with the scores on the high score list, though, cause I got the memory pack after we were going against eachother to see who could get the most money. I recently started playing again, but I'm not quite as good as I one was with the Dreamcast version. There's something about the cab turning in the opposite direction after I do too many Crazy Boosts in a row.

Here are some unoptimized pictures of my results from a borrowed camera that I didn't know how to work properly.. in real life the image quality is better and I hope to have better pictures this weekend.

Attachments

• 102-0258_img.jpg
    102-0258_img.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 7,642
Before I Spend The Bucks

Could someone please post a comparison shot of a dark scene/light scene using one of the monitors (NEC 1545V / NEC 1550V / Philips 105B / ect) with a 300:1 contrast ratio? Right now I am using a LCD projection panel and that is the only spec that I am not happy with and I am trying to determine a head of time if I will be satisfied with a 300:1 ratio. Please try for the best pictures possible (ie. true to life quality) but do show a true comparison between the dark and light scenes...Thanks in advance!!

New screenshot- new idea

Guys:
This was with the Elmo fresnels separated and the upper one moved ON TOP of the LCD. Better use of panel size and better edge to edge brightness. Note the nice crisp colors? That's component video for you. This is 85" diagonal on a WINDOW SHADE!

NEC 1545
ELMO SD305
9A62 component video-VGA adapter (WELL WORTH THE $$$):bigeyes:

Attachments

• dsc00653b.jpg
    dsc00653b.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 7,442
Here are a few pics from LOTR on my 3M 9550+Benq FFP557s+150W MH bulb.
All pics are taken from hand with shutter at .25sec!
Screen used: 2 strips of epson photo matte 44" wide each. Image width = 80".
(the 4 dots on the screen are pins I use to test various other screen materials)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Like always: the pictures dont really do justice to the actual picture.

I'm planning to use a smaller screen, made from more reflective material.

you said window shade, this is an idea I had been toying with, what color shade did you use? I see there are alot fo colors, white(seems to be flat white) eggshell, a tan, and ai found a gray one also. Whats your assesment of the shade? Im sorta stuck at the "screen" stage, all the rest is done, just need a screen, Im currently using some white paper I got frrom a friend who works at a printing company. The flat side works the best ( it was shiny photo type paper, but the shiny side hotspotted).

thanks

Clok

Just received my Sharp Qa-1800 panel today. I still have a lot of work to do on the projector. I just wanted to set it up to see what it would look like.

My fresnel lens is badly scratched. Also, my digital camera doesnt like the dark, I didnt even think that it could take a picture in the dark but I guess that it was bright enough for it. The image is currently about 60" diagonal with absolutly no screen door effect. Once I have everything mounted properly I am hoping for a screen somewhere around 96". Once I have finished setting it up I will post more pictures.

Not sure why the previous images didnt show up. Here are a couple more pictures on a different server. Still a lot of work to do on the projector. Not in focus all the way yet, also my digital camera hates the dark.

The last image was taken last night before I attempted to fix the color on the panel. I was able to adjust it a little, still some minor tweaking.

Like most of the other posts, the pictures dont do the projector justice. Once I have the projector finished, I will post some more pictures of it. Also, I will try to get a video of it.

VERY IMPORTANT:

Just to be rigorous...

ALL PICTURE POSTERS
All of you should post a rating on brightness when you post a picture of your results.

For instance 100 being the way your posted picture looks when viewed on the diyAudio.com website, and 1 being a pure white screen.

For Example Zreon could say the REAL image when viewed in whatever room he/she is in is 100:75:1 for short. That would ruffly translate to about 25 % brighter than the way it looks on the web.

Of course we don't have a way to measure everybody's individual brightness settings on their monitors when viewing the posted pics but...the above system should give us an idea no matter what setting we each give our individual brightness. So that, along with light conditions in the room (e.g. completely dark, time of day, etc...) which people already are posting__usually__, should give us all a more or less exact idea of how bright and evenly light a persons set up is.

Ok....Zreon,
so how about it?
100 being how dark the picture you posted looks on the DiYAudio.com website looks like and 1 being completely white screen, where does the actual image you see in person rank?

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
Brightness rating....

... is nothing more than subjective manure.

Every viewer see's differently..every viewer's monitor looks different. Each persons screen material is not the same...nor are their camera's the same. If you want to apply a scale you need benchmarks...and something much more critical to the "brightness" of the projected image..than the biased eye of the projectors creator.

zardoz