Poor Serbian Man Optical Volume Control

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
little bulbs ;)

then clamped ( with blob of thermal goo on each one ) together ;

just in case - to prevent possible walk away of some naughty LDR ....

:rofl:

Attachments

• oc_03_bottom.jpg
    oc_03_bottom.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,421
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Brass air fittings

III888 said:
Now that is a lot of brass air fittings http://www.liangdianup.com/subpages/airfitting_1.htm there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo bu

now - that's what even I can call - Off Topic ............

Zen Mod said:

yup , certainly - if instead buffer part you use :Pumpkin:

You are for sure a matching maniac :D I am just not that patient and don't use the cylinder head method.

So you just drop the first board in front side of Pumpkin, no buffer, for balanced input, possibly just hardwired inside?

So I end up with Source -> Lightspeed -> Pumpy/Shunty -> F4 balanced as in Papa/ZM gumbo :cool:

I was holding out for the new TP Joshua Tree (some day) for my Pumpkin, but this looks like an interesting option, assuming someone convinces you to send some boards and little matched bulbs to this side of the pond ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
tms0425 said:
You are for sure a matching maniac :D I am just not that patient and don't use the cylinder head method.

So you just drop the first board in front side of Pumpkin, no buffer, for balanced input, possibly just hardwired inside?

So I end up with Source -> Lightspeed -> Pumpy/Shunty -> F4 balanced as in Papa/ZM gumbo :cool:

I was holding out for the new TP Joshua Tree (some day) for my Pumpkin, but this looks like an interesting option, assuming someone convinces you to send some boards and little matched bulbs to this side of the pond ;)

naah ....... look what wakoo Dutchie induced ..... everyone calls my half-piston - cylinder head .......

I tried to use cylinder head of Fiat 1600 engine , as ashtray , but it was sort of too big even for my bench :rofl:

anyway - you got it correctly :

Source -> Lightspeed -> Pumpy/Shunty -> F4 balanced as in Papa/ZM gumbo :cool:

this Lightning Drek is even better than my ( :worship: Manu ) TKD 4-deck drek reference .
so - I can expect that is certainly better than any attenuator based on relay-resistors .

in any case - that's not my merit ...... it's primary Oz George's , at least here on DiyA .

anyway - spoiled kids in Papaland are crazy - my e-mail inbox looks crazier than my ashtray , in last few dayzzzzz......

so- I'm working (along with kwayzee serb spavleski) on pcbs and few bags of little lightbulbs ;

you'll be informed here , I hope soon ....

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Excellent work ZM, (but the GB is sorta unfair;) )

:)

you are not living behind Iron Curtain , evidently ;)

I have fair price for pcbs from my vendor ..... but :

exporting and sending anything from here is first - PITA (writing Customs papers for every package ) and second - expensive (paying not just for sending , but also for Customs check) .

further - I must import little bulbs ; they aren't on everyday stock here , so I must pay at least 50% (or even 70% ) more than any price you can find locally - at RS , Farnel, Allied or anywhere else .

I wrote all these things few times already , not just in this thread and not just related to PSMLS .

and finally - I think that 2 beers for spavleski and me , counted in
( in fact - not yet formed cost for anything ) aren't too much ..... beer is cheap here (well - certainly cheaper than 2 bears ) :rofl:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: Re: Optocouplers

Zen Mod said:

another nick-convert .......

yup - you're assuming good ;)

I had to change my identity. Too many old timers gave up on me,
too many newbies assumed I knew something.:xeye:
But some are too quick to fool.

If this was offered as GB, I dont think I could stop myself from building it. If it wasn't offered, it would stop me.

Any discussion I missed of sonics of this compared to a JFET type deal (looks like both are on the table).

In any case, good work guys.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Optocouplers

Tea-Bag said:

I had to change my identity. Too many old timers gave up on me,
too many newbies assumed I knew something.:xeye:
But some are too quick to fool.

well - sound of your previous post was familiar ;) (lazy/cozy , with few familiar words ) :clown: , so I just looked what's written bellow your nick :rofl:

Tea-Bag said:

If this was offered as GB, I dont think I could stop myself from building it. If it wasn't offered, it would stop me.

it will be - at least from us - as pcbs+Lightbulbs package .

complete project is verified ; schematics are open source ; anyone willing to make own pcb plans , and to make massive DiyA GB is free to do that ;
I think that's fair enough .

Tea-Bag said:

Any discussion I missed of sonics of this compared to a JFET type deal (looks like both are on the table).

well - if you mean strictly - how sounds this one - it sounds same as Papa's B1 (ZenModded (sorry , Papa ) for sim. PSU, without coupling caps ) , combined with Lightspeed .

good buffer is good ; this one is JC's , but I also think that few tricks in our PSMLS dedicated buffer are also in PSU :clown:

anyway - if I missed point of your last question , please correct me