Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well, that's Fugly!

:clown:

though, if already making own custom case, why you didn't made arrangement of having pot all the way back, with extending shaft to front plate

that way certainly having much shorter signal wires, and that can only be better

I mean , if already obsessing with Duelund wires, why not obsessing all the way ?

:)

Very nicely done ACA clone boards - Antique toaster as chassis, initially figured the “flaps” would perform adequate heat sinking, though rising temps prompted the addition of actual heat sinks (and then razz pi fans). Using a Meanwell 24V/15A supply that yields great results - Not your grandma’s toaster ;)

Your ACA is a wonderful piece of excellent ART :superman: Congratulations :up::cheers:

Twice as nice, with pics...

Did the picture thing wrong in previous post. Retry.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    922.6 KB · Views: 398
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 441
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 499
Joined 2013
Paid Member
I finally finished my Balanced BA2018 preamp with built in Salas UFSP phono section. Relay controlled input select and volume control using relays and precision resistors. It will be nice having a remote, inputs:
CH 1 - UFSP Built in with separate power supply chassis
CH 2 - FSP MM phono
CH 3 XLR - Threshold FET 10Pe Balanced outputs
CH 4 XLR - Music Hall 25.3 dac Balanced outputs
The RCA output is for my REL S/3 subwoofer (requires low level input with balanced Aleph J).

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Did the picture thing wrong in previous post. Retry.

I am new to the whole amp building thing. Is there a shielding issue with building a case out of wood? I have to order either heat sinks or a complete chassis For an upcoming power amp build. However, I can do woodworking which is much preferred for both aesthetic and cost. Would shielding tape suffice?