Philips UCD application note

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
silkscreen

Attachments

• silk.jpg
    silk.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,050
hi fumac!
what do you think about my pcb? :)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

(Circuit on my website)

Its based on appnote but out of comparator other.

Can you tell for us values of R & RC in feedback in your circuit, or it same with appnote circuit?
And am interesting values Qg, diode Trr, delaying and on/off time of you mosfets.

classd_fromru
my friend:)
i like u design
the pcb is so cool:)
i think u catch the best of the class-d,
the draw of can work at very hi-speed
but i think the companment is diffrent between us
like :the 47u,i use the dip mode, i have test, that the cap i use is better than the smd i can buy in a good price,and higher-vot.:)

i cant answer something, u know ,i 'm not only a diyer,but also a biz-man , i'm sorry for that.
by the way ,i'll pose a super simple over current and speaker protect, after i test my new pcb ,

fumac,
thanks! :)
you say about tantal 47m? its boostrap cap in supply high side driver, it dont need higher than 12v... i can replace it to 100mkf 16v, size is same.
This circuit on hand-made pcb with 28nq15 fets, without input signal always started at 2.5mhz after connect input signal frec. set to 330k and amp work fine on lower freq. i dont know why amp started on 2.5mhz, i dont need it because fets quickly heat up but sound absolutely same with 330k. what do you think about this?
with other fets 540Z 52n15 23n15 amp starting good with 330k...

ps. we will wait you ocp circuit ;)

freq i watch with the scope.
tantal good for hi ripple and hi speed, but standart elcap+ceramic is better i know ;) , i think its not very critical cap in the circuit.

I think my pcb realy good :cool: i dont see any ringing in output pulse or low side gate:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

but i dont know why THD on 1/2max power only about 0.1- 0.2 %...

ur dis is Odd dis 1k--3k
my dis is Even dis 1k--2k

i found that the Odd dis is baseon the Comparator
the Even dis is base on dead time
for my self i like a mini Even dis,so i place a jump to control the
Even dis,when i like to i jump it to more dis ,:) this just a personal Interesting:)
@15w my dis is 0.017%
i'll build a more low dis amp .
wating for new pcb made me cracy:(

I have just tested my UcD and ironed out some of the bugs - it is almost 100% SMD, and uses unbroken ground planes. It operates from +-45V and switches at 500kHz with 27uH/680nF output filter. The OC protection uses Vds-sensing during the active periods, and therefore follows temperature. As of now the amp outputs 20A peak when cold and 12A when very hot, maybe need to get this adjusted some. Residual carrier at the output loaded into 2 ohm is 400mVp-p with no input signal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.