Pearl Two

It looks like the parts list is on the boards.

ha! I hadn't even looked over them that carefully. I noticed many of the values, but hadn't noticed that the transistors were actually called out in the silkscreen. Doh! Awesome. (I was in a bit of a rush earlier :eek: )

Always nice to have the final "official" schematic without needing to proof read it too much. now to start planning some parts orders...:D

Thanks again Wayne! Good work! :cheers:

Order of parts....

ha! I hadn't even looked over them that carefully. I noticed many of the values, but hadn't noticed that the transistors were actually called out in the silkscreen. Doh! Awesome. (I was in a bit of a rush earlier :eek: )

Always nice to have the final "official" schematic without needing to proof read it too much. now to start planning some parts orders...:D

Thanks again Wayne! Good work! :cheers:

Hey perhaps we can have a group buy of the parts? What do you think?
I am located in Northern California... Where are you?

Joined 2003
Paid Member
It looks like the parts list is on the boards.
And the schematic can be found in this thread. If you have the boards you could proof the sch.

I think i will try either p2p or perfboard for this.

I would love to see a pic of your P2P when finished. I've done it with tubes, but I just dont have familiarity with P2P with these tiny SS parts. Would love to see this done!

Russellc

Here's an even better thought, everyone should do this regardless of price paid, for the same reasons stated. I dont think anyone is entitled to "pass" on this responsibility just because they paid 200. Compared to the retail price
of Pass units, this is still peanuts for a quality designed item. Just because Mr Pass decided to honor the price mistakenly given places no greater debt on those in that position, a position gotten into merely because some immediately jumped on it on others waited? While I agree members should contribute, your limiting it to those who jumped first sounds a little of sour grapes.

russellc

No sour grapes intended at all. Just meaning to remind people of the fact that we should all be thankful. You have a good point about everyone contributing. :)

Joined 2003
Paid Member
No sour grapes intended at all. Just meaning to remind people of the fact that we should all be thankful. You have a good point about everyone contributing. :)

You know, it really is a great thing that Mr. Pass does here. At least I cant think of any other long time creator that has built as many commercially successful high end items and gives it up, in terms of cutting edge amp ideas on DIY sites for the likes of me to build. I've been listening to his B-1 all morning and am ready (almost) for fire up of his F-5 design.

Bravo!

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
It may sound silly but I wonder if the RX and CX were just place holders per say and the values of those components were mistakenly not added.

Also, if there is a group buy for parts I would like to participate in that if possible.

James

Dont have the schemo in front of me, could it be for adjustment for cartridge loading? Just a wild guess, lets have a looky....

Russellc

That would be very interesting and it would also mean I would have to figure out the best loading for the cart I run (2M Blue on a RB300).

I also just got back from a cook out and the PCB's were all ready here:D

I do want to say thanks one more time to the Pass Company for honoring a mistaken price. I cannot think of many companies that would have done that (if any), so thank you again.

James