Pearl Two

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK, listen up:

I have good news and bad news and good news.

The good news is that the first run of Pearl Two is beyond
sold out. More boards are on order.

The bad news is that due to internal mis-communication, the
price quoted at $100 for two sets is erroneous. The price is
$100 per board and Jfets.

The good news is that everyone who has ordered them
through the end of this business day will get them at the
lower price.

That is all.

:sarge:

Zoiks! $200 for a set of boards and FETs! Makes my original Pearl seem like a steal. I think I only paid ~$280 for the whole component kit including PS boards from Promitheus. I only had to come up with a couple cases, a transformer, and the finishing parts. Sounds like the Pearl 2 will end up being significantly more when completed.

I too am surprised at the rants about the price! I mean Mr. Pass and Wayne have wonderfully worked hard to design and get the boards to us... You're getting the design and boards...where are you going to get a world class designer like np and the diligence of Wayne at this price, even if it's $200?? Where can you get a nice phono for less than a $1000??? It's sad, but it's life!

I for one appreciate the likes of this forum and np for giving his designs to us for FREE to build DIY stuff! I don't see other manufacturers and companies in this industry giving away things!

my two cents!

T

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well ......... not rubbing anyone's nose ........ but I'm lately ranting and thinking exactly about that issue :

how about damnation of all open GB's , small venture projects of selling kits based on Pass/FW IP , and then establishing side project of PL/FW where everybody can buy pcbs&parts only from them , and only from them , and only from them.

choice of available things made by Papa , off course .

I think that chewed projects as gift to spoiled kids are more than enough .

if someone think even for a moment - just go to reno hi fi site , and look at prices of PL/FW products ....... especially think twice or trice about fact that every FW/PL product is often compared only with similar products with price tag multiplied .....

life isn't fair , buck is expensive , recession blah blah ...... but Papa is certainly fair .
he's doing many things for us ,and everything he get from bunch is occasional tnx . I'm not saying and I'm sure that he isn't expecting more , but - that's fact .

point is - I'm glad that Papa certainly isn't in position that he need $ from DIY-ers .... but everyone can either buy pcbs from him , or make new toy on veroboard , or learn how to make own pcbs .

that's how I imagine respect ..... and this entire rant is only about that ...... respect his good will and effort , and invest some effort of your own :mad:

disclaimer - I know that , whatever I do (say , write ) Papa will never adopt me .... so - my words are certainly completely without expecting any benefit , except more breadcrumbs here and there , for all of us ...... :rofl:

Last edited:
well ......... not rubbing anyone's nose ........ but I'm lately ranting and thinking exactly about that issue :...... :rofl:

I'll echo your rant...although it's not my nature to rant...can you please rant for me?

On an older design, although the gerber was released and I know how to design and roll my own pcb I still bought from passdiy to express my appreciation...well I hope the design is not released until NP/Wayne has squeezed the juice out of it and Pearl 3 is about to come out.