• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCBPCBs for Nelson Pass‘ CSX1 SONY VFET amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Here is the pricing for the boards. I have sent out a private, personal email ( not on forum) with my paypal account information for payment. As soon as I get payment we can process the orders.

I still do not have personal emails from pernugget, JohnGeneva, hombre please send me these with PM . I need to send you payment information.

Boards

36.50. Per Pair(2)
1.36. PayPal fee
6.00 Shipping estimate

43.86 total per board pair.

This is for US and Canadian participants only.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
For the North America Buyers Group. Payment went out this am to order the pre production and production steps for the boards. Thank to all who paid so promptly. Still waiting on a few of you to "contribute" and I still have not received confirmation personal emails from a few.

I will keep you posted as I hear about progress on the boards.

Update Europe:

Contacted regarding payment:

joda, abc4230, Carlington, lauc, ramallo, dux, FiReFoX74, Ralf Peter, soendervig, zeroalbedo, K.A.B., Nick89

Payment already received:

abc4230, Carlington, lauc, soendervig, zeroalbedo, Ralf Peter

Deadline for payment is Friday.

Best Regards
Sven

Update Europe:

Contacted regarding payment:

joda, abc4230, Carlington, lauc, ramallo, dux, FiReFoX74, Ralf Peter, soendervig, zeroalbedo, K.A.B., Nick89

Payment received from:

abc4230, Carlington, lauc, FiReFoX74, Ralf Peter, zeroalbedo, KAB, nick89, soendervig

Awaiting payment from:

ramallo, dux

Not interested anymore: joda

Deadline for payment is Friday.

Best Regards
Sven

Joined 2006
Paid Member
In an earlier post, our lost friend :RIP: Permanders posted a picture of the board mounted to angle iron. I can only find a 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" ~ (38 x 38mm) value for a similar mounting scheme with 1/4" thickness. (6.35mm) Will this be enough if properly mounted to an otherwise adequate heatsink?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I do have a question about J1 and J2. I understand the buffer is for unbalanced RCA input, and you install wires in the J1 and J2 positions to enable the RCA, and conversely shorts the XLR neg and ground pins.

From my looking at the schematic and board, J2 carries signal (to the transformer) when using RCA.

How much of a problem will entail when using a switch to control RCA vs XLR on an amp. I have a shorting switch on my Aleph J, but the wiring for that is all on the back panel around the jacks themselves. I guess you could short the XLR on the back panel, and just have the J2 controlled by a switch.

A side question would involve not installing the buffer if only planning to use XLR.

I use balanced XLR out of my pre-amp currently, and plan to continue to do so. Just cogitating on the Vfet build, and thinking about making the amp work with either of the connections.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.