• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCBPCBs for Nelson Pass‘ CSX1 SONY VFET amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Large CSX1 caps

There are lots of available devices for the large caps. Search for 22000uf 50V electrolytics. They are 5 pin devices(three are anchoring pins). Here is a link to the Vishay specs for the 051 devices if you gotta have the real thing

Attachments

• Vishay 051 series 5 pin.pdf
    145.7 KB · Views: 125
To the European group buy people:

All packages are on the way except K.A.B.s - Anders please send me your shipping address.

I put shipping lables on the packages but asked a family member to take them to the post office since I'm currently a bit busy with moving house. Unfortunately I forgot to mention I wanted these posted as registered parcel, not as normal parcel and the lables are the same.

As a result all packages have been posted as a normal parcel. That is not necessarily a problem yet but then I asked for too much shipping costs.

The European parcel costs 7 instead of 14 and the DE parcel costs 2,4 instead of 7.

I will send you money back to your paypal accounts:

7 Euro to: Carlington, lauc, FiReFoX74, zeroalbedo
4,6 Euro to: abc4230, Ralf Peter, nick 89

Soendervig: we will clarify seperatly via email

Best Regards
Sven

Last edited:
If there will be another run, highly suggest to increase the size of components holes

Yes please more diameter for zeners , output audio resistors at last caps
like Nichicon fine gold 220 uF legs are pain to fit in :scratch:
Best regards

Attachments

• A036C364-AF42-4F74-9CF9-ACA3DE2A0405.jpg
    A036C364-AF42-4F74-9CF9-ACA3DE2A0405.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 482
Anyone have a BOM list of recommend components choice? It is really painful to find good parts for the current layout of the PCB, other then resistors, my stock parts such as ROE and Nichicon MUSE capacitor, if not size too big, then is legs too thick, I ordered some ELNA also finally the legs too thick, Vishay/Philips have difference series and I don't know go for which one, also Panasonic, FM? FC? FR? NXL? Or else? I really have no idea what could fit the PCB with right or best match of sound character, any recommendations?

Here you go

FYI, as found in post #324 from dsdjoy. Very valuable!

One minor typo is the large BC caps are actually rated 40V (pn MAL205157223E3).

Would love to hear comments/experiences with part choices, although I mainly intend to follow the BOM. I recall reading that certain specified parts will still require enlarging some holes in the PCB. Any tricks or precautions for that particular surgery?

BK

I have been fortunate to acquire a pair of permaneder boards from a gracious member and notice that the input voltage is 32 volts so I am to assume the voltage is regulated down to 23 volts on the board. Does anyone have a schematic for the boards? I notice that the buffer is also included on the boards.

David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.