• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pcb group buy Symasym, AAK modell

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess it al depends on how much "overkill" one is willing to finance in DIY... Most commercial class AB amps have their PSU's dimensioned far smaller than nominal RMS output power because constant full power output is rare. 50V rails minus say 5V drop should give continuous 125W into 8 Ohms if the heatsinks etc. hold... This times two means that nominally a 300 VA PSU is certainly OK for 2 channels. I will use 250 VA for 36V rails.

I have some questions too, about the BOM mostly: discrepancies with the original that are not related to thermal stability for instance etc. Maybe we should either, move the discussion of these matters to the original thread, or create a "AAK Symasym builder's thread" as customary...

Has a new date been set for more PCB's to be made? Has there been enough interest shown to get another buy going still?
No new date has been set,but we can do an interest check,If you are interested,tell me how many boards you want and I´ll start a new list.:)

Isn't it true that if your transformer delivers +36/0/-36 AC you will get roughly +50/-50 DC rails, depending on the efficiency of your diodes?
Yes,it´s true.2x24v AC will get ju about 2x33v DC.
2x26v AC will get you 2x36v DC.
But I don´t know,I read in the Sequel thread the 50v gave less distortion.Maybee the konstruktor can tell if it´s so.
Well maybe it´s a god idea to start a new thread about this,anyone would like the plesaure of doing it?:wave:

CeeVee thanks for the adress.And I´ve put you on the Second Run list!But wee have to wait until more people wants boards before making any payments,or else the pcb´s will be to excpensive.
icon_smile_disapprove.gif

Lets hope more people wants boards..:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.