• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pavel Dudek's super Gainclone group buy

Colour of the pcb

• Black

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • White

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Red

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Yellow

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Green

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters
Joined 2014
Paid Member
These are some pics of my completed Super Gainclone build, hopefully I can load the pictures correctly:)

Attachments

• IMG_0473[1].jpg
    IMG_0473[1].jpg
    936.8 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0483[1].jpg
    IMG_0483[1].jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0485[1].jpg
    IMG_0485[1].jpg
    712.3 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0487[1].jpg
    IMG_0487[1].jpg
    812.5 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0489[1].jpg
    IMG_0489[1].jpg
    798.4 KB · Views: 315
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Thanks for the kind words Redjr. It's a very young amp but it think it might surpass my favorite chip amp that I built (lm3886 Mauro Penasa myRef C). This one definitely is the best lm4780 I've put together. I can't believe how quiet it is!! Even with a tube preamp!!

Vinny

Hi PA, I can only agree with that :)

In the documentation there's quite a bit of documentation on possible connections/jumper settings except for the one I'm contemplating. I'd like to use them as balanced monoblocks. Hot to one channel and cold to the other? Could you advise how to do so with the jumpers etc. Thanks!

I was indeed looking for jumper settings etc. On the site there is information for a balanced stereo amp, not for a balanced mono, which is what I'm after. So 1 balanced input, using both sides of the amp (one side + & other - or 2 x +/- and summing after?). I'll have a look in your link, but was hoping PA could advise as I'll need to know the jumper settings as well :)

If you used the transformers, the jumper should be set like a bridged mono. If you put the balanced input into stereo mode, I would think other components on the board would need to be changed as well to equalize resistance between the two channels. I think you would need two amps to run balanced inputs at bridged power levels.

I might be completely wrong though.

I don't need the transformers as I'll connect balanced (I don't need to convert the input). I also don't think you need to combine two amps as the board already holds two channels of amplification. Getting them the same is important, but that's clarified in the build instructions.

I don't need the transformers as I'll connect balanced (I don't need to convert the input). I also don't think you need to combine two amps as the board already holds two channels of amplification. Getting them the same is important, but that's clarified in the build instructions.

Wouldn't you just need to bridge the two stereo channels at the output then? If the two channels are equalized that shouldn't cause any issues with your speakers, like running mismatched voltages would.