• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pavel Dudek's super Gainclone group buy

Colour of the pcb

• Black

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • White

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Red

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Yellow

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Green

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters
I was following this discussion, but now I am lost.

I think the problem is that the poster does not know what he/she needs. They don't know the difference between bridged and balanced. They are not the same!
Hi PA, I can only agree with that :)

In the documentation there's quite a bit of documentation on possible connections/jumper settings except for the one I'm contemplating. I'd like to use them as balanced monoblocks. Hot to one channel and cold to the other? Could you advise how to do so with the jumpers etc. Thanks!
A balanced monoblock cannot remain balanced if one splits the balanced impedance cable into separate Hot and Cold feeds to two separate amplifiers.

Last edited:
I was following this discussion, but now I am lost.

I think the problem is that the poster does not know what he/she needs. They don't know the difference between bridged and balanced. They are not the same!A balanced monoblock cannot remain balanced if one splits the balanced impedance cable into separate Hot and Cold feeds to two separate amplifiers.

I known the difference between bridged and balanced. Would the amps work if you split the balanced input, into two separate balanced inputs, and see the amp for Balanced Stereo Mode, and then bridged the two stereo outputs into a single speaker input? Like they do with multiple power amps in PA systems. Would Impedance be too low, and would the chip remain stable?

And the impedance difference between the hot and cold sides of a balanced cable can be delt with split into two amps, It's not possible with the stock build of this amp, but could be compensated for by tweaking some of the components.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hi hfxrzw,

Maybe try this,
Set the jumpers on JP1 for single ended non-inverting,
From balanced connector: Hot to JP2(+), cold to JP3(+), Ground to JP3(G)
Output: output closest to the JP5 stencil goes to speaker(+)
output furthest from the JP5 stencil goes to speaker(-)
I've used this type of configuration on previous lm4780 balanced input/bridged output mono amplifiers. The difference is this one has an opamp input section.
Just trying to help out:)