Pass SLOB Build Discussion

@wwschaff
my system is still on the testbench and so far i've started with the Liis "inverted phase" and bass "in phase",
just to change to "all in phase" a few days ago - clearer heights sound more "in face" as one might say.
I didn't think of Inverted bass phase until you mentioned it. Maybe worth a try - easy to flip the poles.
What i've read of his highness is that some widebanders like to play in phase and some not.
I've taken the ACAs out and use the LUDEF instead. Great improvement!
I haven't even started to play with the trimmers on the X-over.
This is a long road....

Happy New Year to everybody
Peace Love and Music
Attila

Reactions: 1 user
@wwschaff I have the woofers inverted. I am using the SB Bianco 15OB350 woofers which I have been very impressed with. I will look to see if I saved any measurements when I initially set these up. I seem to remember that there was a visible difference in response curve, that was audible.

I do enjoy the lii drivers, but I have some heils laying around that I would like to experiment with. I would have to play the 15OB350s much higher to mate with the heils, but that would be easy to measure. Just need to sit down and do it.

I am curious if anyone has played with the crossover point, and taken it up to 600-800hz? I have been considering mating a 8 or 10 inch coax to the slot as well. So many possibilities.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought this thread was for this type ->

1704116471181.png

I tried to use Papa's cross over values from the speaker camp build with the Moth audio drivers on my build with my Lii audio Fast 8's...It doesn't sound good. I was looking at some frequency response curves incorrectly and thought that it was similar to the Moth's. I will treat this as a learning experience.

Joined 2013
Paid Member
Yes, the filters for the 6-24 are the same as the lx-mini. You may have to change the EQ on the lx-mini for your speakers. One of the things I like about these designs, if you want to delete the EQ, don't populate that area of the PCB, no need for jumpers or cutting traces.

You may want to consider using socket/pins for the capacitors/resistors so you can swap in and out different values. Lots less soldering/desoldering.

Hey folks. I have 2 questions regarding this design. First is there a more complete plan available then the diagram shown above? There are some measurements missing. For sale maybe?

Second one is, can this basic baffle with bottom woofer be applied to other larger drivers, if one was to do a dsp / biamp setup? I have a Lii Audio (Xizi) Fast 15 arriving in a few days. Plan on throwing together a smaller test baffle at first, then will determine the next step forward.
Thanks

John, I did find this picture somewhere on diy audio, but I can't remember where (there are several threads). Get a few blank pieces of paper and draw each part that your are going to cut with the dimensions. Then make sure that the parts are going to fit with each other. It should just take a little math to figure it out.
slobSlot.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
John, I did find this picture somewhere on diy audio, but I can't remember where (there are several threads). Get a few blank pieces of paper and draw each part that your are going to cut with the dimensions. Then make sure that the parts are going to fit with each other. It should just take a little math to figure it out. View attachment 1257426
Thanks, I guess there is enough info to come up with a good idea on measurements. I will search around for more on the site.