Official M2 schematic

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Wonderful news! I hope that this one will be the real thing! I will cross my fingers and send out some prayers!!! :D:D:D

Well, the boards are quite real, but I cannot make promises on any timeframe here, or other circumstances. I am not one for luck or prayers, but not one to advice against it either. It just may take me time to troubleshoot it. I have limited time and parts to work with.

Anyways,
This is a starting point.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Well, the boards are quite real, but I cannot make promises on any timeframe here, or other circumstances. I am not one for luck or prayers, but not one to advice against it either. It just may take me time to troubleshoot it. I have limited time and parts to work with.

Anyways,
This is a starting point.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Thanks for the follow up info. I am following you here!

Russellc

Joined 2006
Paid Member
So that's where the magic happens teabag! Nice amp..!

I like the numbering on the opto! Stops you from putting it backwards ;)

Thank you. I put that on there myself, but I think going forward I might just sharpie a dot in there for people. Cheaper than retooling artwork and board.
The nice thing about white boards is I can write notes on them like paper.

So here is the a long demo, of the left channel board. Don't expect much bass with a near zero baffle 3" driver. But it does sound fine.

Both boards now work fine. I did manage to have an open channel on one of my transformers from desoldering or some other mishap, so I desoldered the working one gently and put into the left channel board.

https://youtu.be/1G0xWra-VFI

Same thing with this one R7 I changed to 52k to dial-in negative offset. Overall offset sits at 0.003-8

So I think this thing is good to go for a group buy. I would need Papa's blessing for it, and then I can start a separate thread.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Excellent. I ordered power transformer from Antek (500VA 18 + 18) and more wire yesterday. Are you going to list the parts you used? I have them all from the suggested list somewhere on this thread, but I like that offset figure and want to build as close to your version as possible to maintain those figures.

Thanks,

Russellc

Thank you. I put that on there myself, but I think going forward I might just sharpie a dot in there for people. Cheaper than retooling artwork and board.
The nice thing about white boards is I can write notes on them like paper.

So here is the a long demo, of the left channel board. Don't expect much bass with a near zero baffle 3" driver. But it does sound fine.

Both boards now work fine. I did manage to have an open channel on one of my transformers from desoldering or some other mishap, so I desoldered the working one gently and put into the left channel board.

https://youtu.be/1G0xWra-VFI

Same thing with this one R7 I changed to 52k to dial-in negative offset. Overall offset sits at 0.003-8

So I think this thing is good to go for a group buy. I would need Papa's blessing for it, and then I can start a separate thread.
Video is private, can't watch it.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Excellent. I ordered power transformer from Antek (500VA 18 + 18) and more wire yesterday. Are you going to list the parts you used? I have them all from the suggested list somewhere on this thread, but I like that offset figure and want to build as close to your version as possible to maintain those figures.

Thanks,

Russellc

Sure I will put up a BOM of the parts I used in my build blog I am working on. They are by no means a recommendation, rather parts I trust to work, have low thermal tempco etc. When I get an extra signal transformer I will measure with FQA parts as well.

Russell are you using the 300mm or 400mm deep 4U Store Chassis?

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Sure I will put up a BOM of the parts I used in my build blog I am working on. They are by no means a recommendation, rather parts I trust to work, have low thermal tempco etc. When I get an extra signal transformer I will measure with FQA parts as well.

Russell are you using the 300mm or 400mm deep 4U Store Chassis?

I think 4U deluxe will be fine. I just used one for F-6. That is the heat sink I compared your boards pattern to.

Last edited: