Official M2 schematic

Images ....

This is the schematic that I used:

schematic.GIF

This is the point to point, used a tag board, the .47R are in a 3D ladder, and the 2.2K is on the other terminals. Used 600V wire that I will be using in a tube amp project, probably over kill, Caps are 22K uf.

While while you cannot see it, the thermisistors and the cap are in the screw terminals on the 110 side of the transformer.

PS.JPG

Dave

Joined 2006
Paid Member
what's exactly too much ?

I am measuring 1.5 volts across the source resistors before I have to turn the thing off. It takes a minute or two to get up that high, I believe that is functioning as designed. Could be another problem going on too, but it doesn't appear to be a short, it's ramping up too slowly for that, and variac aint buzzing. I have some CNY17 opto-couplers as well, if this may change things.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Is anyone making (and selling) circuit boards? I want a pair! :)

Nope! Maybe someday or never....:mad:

I am working on a set with UMS spacing. I have one channel working, and one not so far. I am still debugging the other channel to see if I have a bad part or a design flaw somewhere, or I simply toasted one of my transformers. Still need to troubleshoot it more.

I am working on a set with UMS spacing. I have one channel working, and one not so far. I am still debugging the other channel to see if I have a bad part or a design flaw somewhere, or I simply toasted one of my transformers. Still need to troubleshoot it more.

Wonderful news! I hope that this one will be the real thing! I will cross my fingers and send out some prayers!!! :D:D:D