Official M2 schematic

I worked on my Mouser bill this morning. I have 2 complete Firstwatt clones and I am I certainly do not need another with just one pair of primary speakers so I plan to just replace the boards in one of them to hear the sound of the M2 with my horns. As most Firstwatt clone builders I already have a lot of the parts including transistors and I ordered the transformer weeks ago when the schematic first came out. My Mouser bill to build this amp totals $25. Such a nice simple few parts circuit.

I let members on the Klipsch forum know when RenoHiFi had the M2's on sale and one member bought two to power his LaScala's and had nothing but praise for them. He just bought some Klipsch Jubilee's and has paired the two with an active crossover with the M2. Diyer's do sell some amplifiers for non diyer's.

I should be hearing the M2 sound in the next few days. More to follow if no problems develop. Fingers crossed.

Nice ! Good luck for your M2 build :xfingers::):wrench:

Attachments

• 640CA318-E132-4848-9FE1-BEB1CCF3A669.jpg
    640CA318-E132-4848-9FE1-BEB1CCF3A669.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 969
I just finished stuffing one board with everything but the output transistors and transformers. Straight forward build except the small transistor spacing is very close together. You will have to be extremely careful not to form a bridge between the leads. I used a 10X loupe to check each joint before proceeding. I used the smallest chisel point on my iron but on the 2nd board I may use a small tip that comes to a point.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I just finished stuffing one board with everything but the output transistors and transformers. Straight forward build except the small transistor spacing is very close together. You will have to be extremely careful not to form a bridge between the leads. I used a 10X loupe to check each joint before proceeding. I used the smallest chisel point on my iron but on the 2nd board I may use a small tip that comes to a point.

Waiting for you comments, power supply parts are on the way and that's everything except chassis. I hate to un do the F-6, as I bought all the power supply parts and new transformer, but then I need to order another 4U. If you results are stellar, and I think they will be, I may not be able to wait. Plus, I know you also had the F-6, so your opinion here should be spot on...

Russellc

Using the 2nd grimberg board I soldered most of the components using my standard small chisel point but switched to the small point for the transistors. It was easier this time. There is not a lot of space on the boards between the transistor leads so be very careful not to form a bridge of solder. Other than this the boards look and feel 1st quality. Now I have to do mostly mechanical work to install the boards in an already working amp.

My 9240 transistors mysteriously turned into 9610 in the bag in my box of parts. As my Granddaughter says, "it do that sometimes." Not a huge problem I just have to pay more for shipping at Mouser than I would have if I had checked instead of knowing I already had the P channels. $7.00 oversight and a few days delay. I am sure I am the first to do this.