• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

non-profit ver.3 TDA1541a DAC for limited budget diyers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi Julien_M,

actually this layout was not by mine. As I set , I set up one production line in china already. I was not according diy business to support my life. The cheap, labour cast made me to maintain in cheaper price than previous. The DAC layout was from one DAC company in china. This DAC company was famous in china, most were PHD & master in electric & digital engineer.

They told me that they set up & test te 1541a several versions already. But the chips was shortage. so the project was pending long time. I test & feel good. I told them I need to design a good / low noise with multi caps, parallel diode with SAA7220B nano-amorphous pulse DAC, but I would like to buy their design & change some layout only. This will be the cheap version .3 DAC. another much better in power supply, parts will be the ultimate ver.3

The chassis was from ODEN horn speaker OEM factory, is it good. I prepare to set up the speaker kit. with this chassis, Seas OEM MD-low driver, HF still not confirm, The inductance air coil was OEM by mself. so I can maintain in low price. estimate will below USD 450 full set.

None of same quality products can maintain in this price.

.more photos.

thx

thomas

Attachments

• p1010576.jpg
    p1010576.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,142
Hi,

DON'T PAYPAL MONEY TO ME first, Pls waiting for the full assemble kit arrive & TAKE A LOOK first!!!!

1. BuckeyesRKiller-andy
2. jleaman
3. Julien_M
4. YLS
5. J-Charles Vachon
6. ashok
7. kestrel200
8. Beecan
9. stevox
10. zei
11. Jean-Charles
12. ghammond
13. proagua
14. SteveA
15. MGH

any more??

more photos of the piano plywood two way speaker chassis.

thx

thomas

hi Julien_M,

Let we share the different between NOS, NOS with re-clock & with SAA7220 chips.

NOS was natural, but will weak in HF, With re-clock will little bit better. With SAA7220 will much better increase HF. Bu the saa7220 must set up in 4X , not 8X, set up in 4X not large efect the smooth & high density of MF, but the HF air will incresase.
So why I set up can use jumper for the chips disable or enable for the chips & re-clock. Sec was diyer can private parallel the diode for the supply. 1541a hears will have small soft & less punch, parallel diode & multicaps can improve. The last was the Nano-amorphous pulse trans. Lower jitter had more detail & less a lot the background noise.

close up of the small horn of the piano plywood speaker chassis.

thx

thomas

Attachments

• p1010575.jpg
    p1010575.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,094
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your comments.
It's interesting that one can change the settings for the TDA1541a and taylor the sound to ones taste. Will you be able to provide an adaptor for the CS8412?
It's also interesting the fact that the power supply is on a separate board. One could build an independent power supply for each part of the circuit.
It looks very promising. Let us know your listening impressions.
I can't wait to try one of these...

hi Julien_M,

your listening report will be the most promise & reliable report.

all the IC will fit with DIP sockets. Use chips as 8414 need to fit with the adapter for the DIP IC socket. Don't worry for this, do U know that I can supply the best industrial grade CS8412-IS for diyers to choose in ver.3.DAC. I had 400 pcs on hand.

diyers can choose cs8414-CS or CS8412-IS digital receiver for their ordered DAC. or buy one more chip fit with different adapter turn the sound.

only USD 2 diffferent.

thx

thomas

Attachments

• p1010592.jpg
    p1010592.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,051
tube-lover said:
hi Julien_M,

your listening report will be the most promise & reliable report.

all the IC will fit with DIP sockets. Use chips as 8414 need to fit with the adapter for the DIP IC socket. Don't worry for this, do U know that I can supply the best industrial grade CS8412-IS for diyers to choose in ver.3.DAC. I had 400 pcs on hand.

diyers can choose cs8414-CS or CS8412-IS digital receiver for their ordered DAC. or buy one more chip fit with different adapter turn the sound.

only USD 2 diffferent.

thx

thomas

Thomas you said you were going to send me one to test. Are you still doing so ?

Hi,

DON'T PAYPAL MONEY TO ME first, Pls waiting for the full assemble kit arrive & TAKE A LOOK first!!!!

1. BuckeyesRKiller-andy
2. jleaman
3. Julien_M
4. YLS
5. J-Charles Vachon
6. ashok
7. kestrel200
8. Beecan
9. stevox
10. zei
11. Jean-Charles
12. ghammond
13. proagua
14. SteveA
15. MGH
16. vinnie
17.Tachyon

pls note that when ordered the dac told me U like choose CS8414-CS or CS8412-IS that will fit our taste.

any more??

This is another speaker chassis which OEM for oversea brand. if U saw this in oversea products, not need to surprise. This is OEM by this factory.

thx

thomas

Attachments

• p1010588.jpg
    p1010588.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,046
hi more photos for another chassis which use lower grade piano plywood.

This factory's owner & me was friends. He said although one pair.
If like to tailor made, he can do for me but need longer time for sample sucg as the full range speaker which use this plywood chassis.

hi Jason,

as i promise, Last time your order had some money remain on my side. I will offer the basic price for the cd-rom kit to U to test. U can directly feedback to me that is it user friendly or any suggestion I can improve.

I guess I can do for both diyers.

thx

thomas

Attachments

• p1010589.jpg
    p1010589.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 997
Hi all,

I forgot to told u that this DAC. Although this is cheap version. still
can improve performance by added more parts. such as the tube Buffer which stadard was use EC900 SQ made in germany.
This tbe buffer was use cathode follower to lower the output impendence. Another reason was use cathode follower can directly couple to pre-amp output. so step by step upgrade will most interesting.

photo shows mullard PC/EC900. But follow with kit was EC/PC900 SQ grade.

data of this tube.

Vh Ih Cgk Cak Cga
3.9 0.3 3.3 0.08 0.35

Class Va Vg1 Ia S
A 135 -1.0 11.5 14.5

http://oldradio.qrz.ru/tubes/foreign/04/PC900.gif

thx

thomas

Attachments

• pc900.jpg
    pc900.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 986
Hi,

1. BuckeyesRKiller-andy
2. jleaman
3. Julien_M
4. YLS
5. J-Charles Vachon
6. ashok
7. kestrel200
8. Beecan
9. stevox
10. zei
11. Jean-Charles
12. ghammond
13. proagua
14. SteveA
15. MGH
16. vinnie
17. Tachyon
18. rebojorge

any more??

pls note that when ordered the dac told me U like choose CS8414-CS or CS8412-IS that will fit our taste.

thx

thomas

hi,

Is this new tube buffer available? If yes, how much it cost and what's included? Does it use a tube or solid state rectifier? How do you like the sound of the EC900 SQ compared to 6922/6dj8?

The new tube buffer is under testing.

I guess the tube buffer include all parts with one pair EC/PC 900 SQ made in germany will around USD 65 include postage.
this will use solid stae rectifier which was parallel the diode with small mkp caps to lower the power internal resistance.

EC/PC 900 max rating only 200v, there are too many good caps below 250V in good price. I choose running in 160V at 6~8ma. Then PRE-AMP OUTPUT WILL NOT NEED TOO HEAVY.

EC/PC900 is a UHF tube , mix with SAA7220P/B . re-clock will more HF air but still had 16bits smooth sound , less analog than 24bits

this is my opinions.

thx

thomas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.