NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Signing off the project

EUREKA..!!!!!!

Frens... I am done with my Projector. I managed to fix the foggy patch and waves problem on this weekend. :up:
It took me just half a minute to fix it. Shielded cables, Connectors, Ground connections, LCD power supply... nothing was changed. Just a small addition and voila... it worked wonders. All that I added was a Anti-glare glass - the one that we use for computer monitors. If I slide through the glass at the light source, the patch and the waves go away instantly. The moment I remove it, the problem is there. It also keeps the heat from reaching the fresnels and the LCD. I dunno how I got this idea :idea: but it worked for sure... and we enjoyed watching movies on the BIG screen this weekend.
Visit my website for construction pics and please do make sure to leave a comment on the "Comments" page.. The URL is as follows:

http://macxpages.tripod.com

Note: The tripod site limps sometimes. Please be patient while it loads. Can't expect much from the free stuff.

Attachments

• completed box.jpg
    completed box.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 782
Maks0001 said:

Hey Yousuf... I'm from B'lore too.... I have just managed to finish my PJ. When I was arranging for the spares, I could not locate any dealer in B'lore... maybe, I dunno B'lore well. So I got it from Pune (Lensel Optics) with the help of a fellow DIYer.

Cool...can he help me too!

Btw, where are you located? I really like to see your PJ. I am near Indirangar.

Yusuf

pollok said:
One suggestion - If you use a plain surface reflector instead of the textured one as seen in the photos, your results should be much better. Is the lamp 150 watts or 250?
- Pollok

Thanks for the suggest pollok... will give it a try. The lamp is currently 150 watts. Will upgrade it to 400 watts (and a plain surface reflector as you suggest) at a later time.

pollok said:
I bought the 150 watt mh lamp with the ballast and fixture for Rs.1170 here in Hyd'bad

That's gr8, Pollok. I know B'lore is costly in all terms. Agreed that OSRAM lamps are a bit costly than others, but I feel paying Rs. 650/- just for the lamp (excluding Ballast and fixture) is definitely not the way to go. What make is your lamp, btw?

Maks0001 said:

That's gr8, Pollok. I know B'lore is costly in all terms. Agreed that OSRAM lamps are a bit costly than others, but I feel paying Rs. 650/- just for the lamp (excluding Ballast and fixture) is definitely not the way to go. What make is your lamp, btw?

Maks, This bulb is Halonex I think. Coz the box is gone (!) and the letters on the bulb have disappeared due to the heat and handling. The shopkeeper recommended this saying this has 1 year warranty and is cheaper than Osram. I don't remember the individual rates of ballast, fixture and the bulb. Altogether it came to 1170.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.