NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Srini , Thanks for that prompt reply.

I am purchasing triplet lens.500mm.

I had bad experience with paypal .So i wont mess with them again .

Optolife does not direct to Paypal or credit card payment methods, rather they sent me an email with Invoice quoting amount to be paid to their Paypal email ID or WU.
how to order (optolife):
Step1: Add the items & quantities to your shopping Cart. And then check out.
Step2: Optolife sales team will quote shipping cost and make an invoice for you.
Step3: Pay to our account. Please indicate the order number or invoice number on payment information.
Step4: Optolife ship goods and let you know the tracing number.Or just email us and let us know what you are interesting in. Our sales team will contact you asap.
(Other wise any other suggestions. I am much comfortable with credit cards.)

So I decided to pay via western union.I have previously used western union and it did work great and quick .So my concern is what if they did not turn up after receiving the payment.

hi jay
I had toooooo bad exp with paypal,don't no why they cant understand our problem.i changed 3 paypal accounts and exchanged many emails to get verified and confirmed.
atlast i succeded in sending payment.
If u can send by Western union ,then try it.I will let u know when my goods will arrive.If it arrives safely then u can go ahead.

with regards
srini

Hey guys are you all alive?

I see posts once is blue moon..where are the Diy'ers spirit .

@srini, I have send money via western union.now fingers crossed. hope they wont cheat.

Happy to announce today, I recieved my Vifa tweeters from Parts express .
I had goose bumps all over to realize the product reached me within three days of payment.
Worth money paid. awesome service.

but downside is heavy customs duty.
They charged me INR.2600(60usd) for 190usd product from USA.

Feeling sad to realize where does all our money goes;...for the welfare of our own corrupt leaders..!!!

dear keimjay

i am waiting for my parcel from opto,after a long week it has just on board on air.Your super fast.

dear jaydev

opto has shipped i think they dont cheat.first of all there is no way than paying heavy customs,and second it is also very sad we don't find many quality products in india.I think 51% FDI in retail will change this(my thinking, is it correct)

@srinishare
Freda HE ;is my contact in opto. as per his directive it would take 5-6 days for shipment after recieving payment (God know know why they need so much of time).after that i guess one more week for transit.

and about goverment policy and FDI,I believe nothing will come optimistic from that side as they themselves are trying to sort own survival ,so will they get time to care about us people.

BTW guys, Did you check out my Thread ? follow this..
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy-projectors/190309-india-again-hd-lcd-projector.html

Last edited:
@srinishare
Freda HE ;is my contact in opto. as per his directive it would take 5-6 days for shipment after recieving payment (God know know why they need so much of time).after that i guess one more week for transit.

and about goverment policy and FDI,I believe nothing will come optimistic from that side as they themselves are trying to sort own survival ,so will they get time to care about us people.

BTW guys, Did you check out my Thread ? follow this..
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy-projectors/190309-india-again-hd-lcd-projector.html

have patience my friend, They wont cheat.
they are oem and sell in huge quantities only, And still entertain small retail customers. So it takes time to complete formalities.

Sorry I spelled his/Her name incorrectly, I Brenda He.

have patience my friend, They wont cheat.
they are oem and sell in huge quantities only, And still entertain small retail customers. So it takes time to complete formalities.

Thanks Viki, Your words are positive firing, I will wait.

Hi jaydev! congrats! I also contacted octolife for triplett and freshnel but the shipping cost is very high, it is as much as as lens price. it is sad na?

devdas
fresnel cost is same as in india,but u dont get reflector and condenser lens in india (it's very hard to find them).
For orders $80 - $130 ,the shipping cost is same Get some extra reflector and condenser lens or may be even extra fresnels.so that u need not pay extra shipping when u have a product broken when using.
20 days has passed from payment,shipment has not arived till date(shipping in normal posting option $39)

regards
Srini

20 days has passed from payment,shipment has not arived till date(shipping in normal posting option $39)

I could not notice any activity here so dint bother to update.anyway.

My 500mm Triplet arrived yesterday.

Shipping cost is on higher side, agreed as they ship it in fedex,but there are benefits too like tracking,and sure quick delivery etc.
It is one time investment so one can ignore the high shipping cost for the sake of ones Diy spirit.
I too postponed purchase of thses kind of things thinking about shipping cost and import duty ,off late I regreted as I could not have anything in my hand other than hell lot of ideas in head(which is much more of a burden).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 195
thank you srini for the info.what about your lcd+kit.have you purchased them?you mentioned 39usd optolife shipping to india,but when I mailed optolife for fresnel,triplet,condenser,reflector,heat shield,they informed me 65 usd fro shipping into india.does that shipping increses with item number increasing?
by the way can anyone tell me about benqG61HDAL ffc issue,stripping difficulty etc?
thank you all

hi srini i later checked your previous posts.u mentioned ben q G61HDAL is perfectly good for stripping,no ffc issue.so now I finally decided
unsplit design,
benq G61HDAL lcd,
220/330 395X395 lenses,310-360 adjustable focus triplet,condenser,reflector,all from optolife,
400 w osram mh lamp and ballast locally.as your recomendation I am not in the plan of removing ag,I am not confident about it,and I like theatre like little dimmer picture,so high brightness is not required.
please give your suggestions.also can you share benq g61hdal stripping suggestions/pics.
thank you a lot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.