NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wanted to warn you before spending a lot for the leds, nothing else. The one which is made in india is using a 50w and from the pics, you can clearly see the dark corners / hot spots even with a bigger triplet and a smaller lcd. Its not able to evenly distribute the light through out the screen. The other one is using a 100w and it is projecting only upto 65inches (4:3), it will be very small for 2.35:1 which is the std for movies. For a respectable 16:9 or a 2.35:1 viewing size, the o/p is not sufficient. Also the throw is from a short distance to get maximum brightness, ie., the projector box will be in your viewing path or you need to do a lot of keystone. Moreover, as the watts are high, the money spend for the heat sinks will also become high. My views are only with respect to a budget build. If there is no cost restriction, enjoy DIY.

Last edited:
well guys.... so far all of you have been doing great job. I was wondering if any one has tried out or thought of building a "full hd" projector? I mean a projector using lcd with FULL HD (1920*1080) resolution. I have searched a lot on net but couldn't find one. After i have given it a thought I would like to build one Full HD projector, if you guys could help me out sourcing a url from where I could buy a fresnel and projection lens that matches lg or samsung 23" monitors because, so far I haven't found a full hd native resolution lcd smaller in size than these. If every thing fits perfect, then I will start building the projector.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Today i made my projector, not completed though. there are many issues i am facing. mainly the light output is very less. I am using 250w MH bulb from havells. I am trying to remove the antiglare screen, i have soaked the screen in water using cloth, hhope that will increase some light output but ya, i have also heard that it will show some negative effect but i had no choice. lets see how it is going to be.

I have seen optolife sells parts very cheap, has anybody else bought them the parts? because not many people has, and I would like to know first if they are trustable, before I send them my money.
Thanks in advance.

I am also looking forward to buy from optolife,can we trust them?

I have observed they do not accept credicards but only western union tranfer or paypal only.

I am also looking forward to buy from optolife,can we trust them?

I have observed they do not accept credicards but only western union tranfer or paypal only.

dear jaydev
u can go ahead,i have a parcel to be received from them within 1 week.One of our friend Rishi in lumenlab forum has recived items from them.
paypal is best and easy .By the way western union can be used only for receiving funds towards india (i have confirmed from Muthoot fincorp ,agent of western union) .

U should have
1.credit or virtual credit card from icici or hdfc or entropay dot com
2.U need PAN card.
3. The shipping address,credit card address,paypal address all should be same to receive parcel from optolife.

note : order some extra condenser lens and reflectors because u cant get these professional items in india.and shipping cost is same for these additional items.(else r u going to pay again 40-70$ shipping cost ,if ur condenser lens is broken in your experiment)

with regards
srinivasan

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.