NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diy projector

hello budhi,
glad to c ur achievement,
i have been trying to make a diy projector, using an ohp and an lcd panel, i had been thru some, articles, for making a diy projector using the same kind of setup like urs, i need some help from u,
please answer these questions,
the fresnel lens that u have used, is it the same size of the lcd moniter, or of different size,
what is the approximate dist from the fresnel - lcd - fresnel, since ur using the fresnel at both ends,
what is the distance of the lens, can we calculate the distance of the lens, with respect to its focal length, or is there an easy way,
pl help me with these questions

hey

hi everyone this is first post here and i must say there's tonnes of information here.i didn't know there were so many ppl from india building diy projectors, anyway i have read a lot about these projectors mainly from lumenlab.com and was wondering if anyone has found a store in bangalore where the triplet lense and fresnels are available.

thanks

i got a same idea ,just a copy of same concept ,right now im willing prepare it ,it will some time ..

now my idea........

with magnifing galsses ,we can create a slide projector right ..
and in the middle glass ,i want to put a china ipod which has lcd TFT display and for light ,i want to put four strong white lights infront of first lens and my china ipod has tv input and output

presently,in my area im only finding 50mm convex lens,im looking forward for some high range
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

LEDs for PJs

I would like to share a good news with all the DIYers.I have come to know that small white light LEDs are readily and widely available which emit quite a light which is already collimated.They are generally used in CHINESE TORCHES.They are dirt cheap as well and they consume just 5mA current at 3V supply.So we can use around 400 LEDs with a 15" LCD .There are a whole lot more advantages to using them.
They are cheap around 3Rs a piece.
No heat problem
and to top it all no UV risk.
Smaller PJ size.

brightness issue

hi i started building my projector couple of weeks back and was able to put it together rather quickly but the only problem seems to be the brightness.i tried using a aluminium reflector(parabolic) but it did'nt help.if anybody has an idea as to where i can get a good spherical or parabolic reflector please help out.

HELLO GUYs

i am from chennai , can any body know where to get the fresnal lens in chennai > please give me a detail addres r email

i have got all the parts from my friend ,hertz blaster (philipino)

any way will start my projector soon in chennai

i want the address for the fresnal lens in chennai

will also help chennai guys if any detail need

thanks

alan
:smash:

Great going friends..I was on the verge of spending 1000 USD for an optoma projector...lucky me that I got stumbled on this link. I have changed my mind to DIY all the way. I am flying to Hyderabad in september so was wondering if I can get any items which are real cheap here. If there isn't much price difference then I'd rather buy it in Hyd(or India)...I already have lots of electronics in my suitcase(Onkyo 606 too :D)..customs will have a field day:headshot:

as for lcd panel....I am thinking this

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Inch-LCD-Digi...ames?hash=item4147fd930a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

any other suggestions please....

Thanks,
Venkat

Hi to all DIY Folks :)

I am back to this forum after a long break , was very happy with my projector which i build couple of months back . Now i am planning to make an smaller version using an 10inch LCD or so .

I planning to sell off the complete set -Two Fresnel lens 220/330 , tripletlens, 250w bulb+choke , Fan & wooden enclosure.Would be posting the pictures of each part soon . If anybody is interested please PM me , also it is local pickup (Bangalore) /drop off depending upon your location

Pramod

hi...budhi..i have found u as the send person from INDIA who has been interested in building this amazing diy projector .your results are marvellous...but u haven't mentioned the actual focal lengths of the fresnel lenses and the triplet.
i have been working on this project for the last 7 years..
those days lcd's used to be quite costlier than..today.
i have buld myself a front projection television.
can u pls give me the details about the focal length of the lnse as they play an important role..in the projection(i hv suffered a lot in spending money on various lenses with diferent focal length).
waiting for your help.
thanks in advance.
gaurav

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.