NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Friends, I read from the Lumenlab forum that the lack of brightness is due to the antiglare sheet stuck to the panel, and if it is removed (which may damage the panel if not careful) the brightness and contrast are considerably improved! Some are even comparing the projected image to that of a plasma screen.

Now my lcd panel has a mirror-like coating on one side, and a dull black surface on the other. The dull surface, iI think, has to be the antiglare coating. What is the mirror-like coating then? Any idea, anyone? If put in front of a light source, it is transparent, but without light from behind, it is literally a mirror!!! This panel is not working now, and I am looking for Super tv suggested by Maks to replace it. If i am not able to get 'super' then I will have to get the same panel again as it does not have the FFC problem. So I thought i'll try out the AG removal with the dead panel. But which is the AG?!!!

Pollok

The mirror like thing what u have mentioned is TAC layer. it is a sheet used for optimising back light used in the lcd. some lcd will have antiglare on both sides and a TAC layer on the back. removing those TAC and AG will considerably increase brightness.
@pollock: where u reside in chennai

How about this lcd?

Hi guyz.. got my fressie and triplet. my next hunt is a good LCD. what do u think abt this panel with a good controller and with very good connectivity options. if anyone willing to buy this one?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95138&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

it has Controller with AV/S/VGA/DVI/YPbPr/Scart/TV )

the price with lcd and controller is $210
this lcd is capable of putting 720P and 1080i only 10.6 inches

vijaycool said:
yes max. i am little bit attracted towards that. but what will be the price of the laptop screen here in india?

For a laptop screen you will need a controller, which are very hard to find (if possible) in India.

Regarding the 10.6" screen, this guy will accept only Wertern union money transfer (not possible from India) or T/T (Risky). What if the product comes damaged. Additionally, one might have to deal with customs to get the product through. All in all a risky proposition.

- Nitin.

Actually I was also tempted to use the same LCD so I had a communication with carpow. But the payment mode (TT) and previous experience of not recieving the items ordered from overseas prevented me from doing that. If you could find a local dealer for this LDC and controller then please also do let me know the details.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Nitin

yes i have sent an email to the supplier for the LCD. but for the controller we need to contact carpow only. but carpow has very good credabilty. so for the controller only TT will not be a problem. LCD might break during transit
The only reason why i am looking for that lcd is 720P and the controller is HDMI(DVI).:D

i got the reply from the seller from india. this panel cost 12,500+ taxes :bigeyes: . no way we people are always over charged with respect to money.
i am going back to super :bawling: or any other lcd with 800*600 panels.

one side note: the cost of the panel and controller from carpow = 230$
frieght cahrges = 40$
TT charges = 1000 Rs (i assume)
tax= 10% or 20% guys 1000 rs tax or gift (assume)

total= 13744 Rs :D compared to 12500+taxes

still anyone interested :whazzat:

vijaycool said:
i got the reply from the seller from india. this panel cost 12,500+ taxes :bigeyes: . no way we people are always over charged with respect to money.
i am going back to super :bawling: or any other lcd with 800*600 panels.

one side note: the cost of the panel and controller from carpow = 230$
frieght cahrges = 40$
TT charges = 1000 Rs (i assume)
tax= 10% or 20% guys 1000 rs tax or gift (assume)

total= 13744 Rs :D compared to 12500+taxes

still anyone interested :whazzat:

12,500 is without controller so it is still cheaper to import.

Btw, Jhonzo at lumenlab is shipping these kits to US for $255, before shipping he also verifies that everything is working fine. Payment mode is paypal (Rs 1000 savings). I have asked him how much will it cost to ship it to India. Will update you with his response.

- Nitin.

yes power_in: i am also thinking about the same
One more interesting point in getting 720P i just browse thru ebay india. cost of 800*600 comes 40K rs approx but for the xga it comes 1.5 lac. i am doing it for one time and it will keep this pj for atleast 2 years.
@powers_in : what do you think ordering directly from carpow or from johnzo. its $230+$40 from carpow and dollar $255+x$ from johnzo. how much will cost for TT. and one important question how to minimize customs duties:D :D

why dont you guys give a visit to a scrap stores in local Electronics market, and try to find a damaged laptop with display in working condition? I dunno abt other places, but in Mumbai one can get a lots of useful items from roadside in the Electronics market. Besides, there are stores in the inner lanes of the market that sell seconds spares... these guyz buy gadgets / peripherals that are not in working condition for a dirt cheap price and then sell the working spares at a much lower cost. I tried to find such scrap store in B'lore market, but in vain... the B'lore mkt is not even 1/10th of that in Mumbai, so all shops sell only new items.

vijaycool said:
@powers_in: are u interesting in buying the screen and the controller. i am also interested. i tried to send pm but it is disabled. how to enable it?

I have already stripped a 15" monitor, I need to see whether I can put it back :). My only motivation is that this is widescreen and has a small form factor. But the price is a limiting factor. I also plan to play games on the big screen but the response time for this panel is 35ms which is less than desired.

Maybe in future we can have better and cheaper panels and then we can upgrade.

- Nitin.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.