NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tweking

got tweaking on my projector this weekend it needed to be cleaned inside. there is too much dust in delhi !
A few more images I think My images are a lot brighter after cleaning all surfaces in the light path.

Attachments

• jim carrey.jpg
    jim carrey.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 361
nimu said:
Dear atrisarkar,

Hi, even i am from Bangalore. I still am to get started but i think atleast i can chip in with a lil bit of info for ur requirement. just read ur msg and see that u have trouble finding an LCD that has all kinds of input. well i had done some searching and came across an Portable LCD Tv, named "VICTOR".. had built in tv tuner card for 255 ch, so we cud connect cable tv directly then it had a video In sockets for DVD, VCD players and it most importantly had a 15 pin VGA input socket ;) , other features were menu controlled.. 16:9.. 4:3 output, mirror screen, inverse all these via menu.. screen size was 9 " resolution mentioned was 800*480.... available in gandhinagar Bajaj complex next to sukh sagar .... price was arnd 4.5k to 5k

hope this info is of some use :)

will update as and when i come across anything more.

Rgds
Nirmal

Hey thnx a lot nirmal.....planning to have a look at that this weekend and will preferably ask for a 7" model.
Btw any idea if you can get the lense and the fresnels here in bangalore as till now I haven't heard anyone acquiring it from here.

Awesome

Dear Budhi, Maks0001, Mastero, powers and all of you great work hats off, :happy2:

Never in my wildest dream had I thought that making a DIY projector is possible and that too in India where you don’t get the parts you want. I am really inspired and encouraged seeing this thread to make my own always wanted to buy a LCD projector for myself as I love to see movies at home, only the money was the barrier. Now I am really happy to know that it is possible under 10000 Rs. Currently I am building a 7 channel home theater based on lm3886 chips and custom made speakers. Plan to start the projector project as soon as my current project is completed.

Also got a few questions:

1) What is the minimum focusing distance between the projector and screen with the triplet lens you people use? (Even a 50 inch screen will make me happy but want it bright to use in day time also)

2) Is it possible to mount the projector on the ceiling with some sort of key stone adjustment? Or the projector always has to be fixed at height which will be the center of the screen?

3) What will be the rough response time in ms and contrast ratio for the LCD screen for use in the projector? (Suitable for watching movies)

Sorry if I asked too much very new to this.:sorry:

I am working in Bangalore as a hardware designer so I think I can help regarding electronics if any one needs help. I would like to visit any one in Bangalore who has built the projector so I can get a feel of it and understand the efforts required to make it. I hope I can build one with all of your advice and help.

Regards,
Gitesh

atrisarkar said:
Hey guys,
at last I found out a place in bangalore where you can get everything right from fresnels, triplets to heat absorbing filters.
Here's their link :
http://www.opticsindia.com
I gave the specification and asked for the quotation. They said they'll revert back tomorrow. Let's see...

Lucky you, dude.... when I was searching for a supplier in B'lore, I also came across this website, but they never responded to my email and when tried the phone numbers it didn't go thru even. This place falls on my way to office at ITPL.

atrisarkar said:
may be u r right maks coz these guys seem to be very friendly and all over the phone but to get the actual thing done they just forward it from one person to the other. If nothing works out i'll have to barge into their factory one day and pick the pieces up :devilr:

Yes, dude... even I was planning to go to their factory, but then I thought, I am giving them business... maybe small, but end of the day that counts... and if they are not bothered, why shud I.

Hi all,

I have teamed up with Atri sarkar. Decided to first build Atri's projector and then go for mine after a month.Last saturday we both met up and went shopping. We bought the LCD tv and the Metal halide lamp.Bought the 7 inch LCD tv of the brand "SUPER" from sukh sagar shopping complex in gandhi nagar near national market. The price was 3400rs.The shop name was "For the people on the first floor".We spend more than 2 hours in that area enquring of the price and the various models available. I shall post a chart of our finding later with the pricing. Metal halide lamp, enclosure and control gear was bought from B.V.K iyengar road. That is the lights and lamp capital of bangalore.Always insist on branded control gear like OSRAM or PHILIPS. We got osram integrated control gear and osram 150W daylight metal halide lamp.The price was 1850 RS.The shop name is Gupta& co. No31,Jyothi Building, B.V.K IyengaR ROAD,BANGALORE. Phone No: 08022263265, 41143915.

Then we started the wild goose chase on the Fresnel lens and triplet lens. Went from pillar to post in central Bangalore.One scientific shop after another. Finally we saw a poster on the wall of a building saying "OHP projectors, LCD projector sales and service" We got so exited and went there and the sales man said they have fresnel lens and 3 element lens(triplet) in stock and very enthusiastic in helping our mission. Just when he was about to get us the stuff his boss called him and fired him for something. Rest is history, fresnel costed 3500rs and the triplet never was stocked in his shop. We came back dissaponted. Spend almost 5 hours in the hot sun in search of the elusive optics.

But at the end of the day we were happy that we achived this much. Also we stripped the LCD ,and Lit up the metal halide.

Think Atri will update that in detail.

Thanks,
Gitesh

Hey Guys,
Searching for the lenses in bangalore is turning out to be hell of a task. Yesterday I called up around a dozen places and all failed. The only place where I found them is a company in whitefield whos link I posted previously. But even those guys are delaying a lot as according to them the concerned person is out of station.
The 7" super lcd is not that difficult to strip and also I think that you don't need to extend the ffc cable. We took a few pics of the step by step process that'll definitely help others. Also Gitesh compiled a exhaustive list of available lcds in along with the price and specification which also will be quite handy.
P.S : maks if you have any info on some place in bangalore where there's a chance of getting the lenses, may be some place you came across while searching your stuff please share with us. Its acutely distressing to look at the stripped lcd for long. :(

Fresnels costed you 3500 bucks!! For your next projecor you can order it from 3dlens.com. I ordered two 400mmx320mm high resolution (.2mm groove pitch) fresnels from 3dlens and the whole deal including shipping costed me $78. And it took only 2 days for the delivery from Taiwan.

Best regards,
Nitin.

Dear atri and gitesh,

Pleased to know that u both have teamed and got going, all the best in building ur PJ's. Please keep a note of all the sources u come across for the products purchased ... coz i may be next in the line ;) will need all the help and guidance from u all. Even i tried a lot for the lenses dont see anything productive coming. will watch out for ur msgs as u progress and hopefully expect ur PJ's to be up and running very very soon.

Dont forget to invite me on the Premier show of ur PJ's:D

Best Wishes,
Nirmal

3d lens Vs Lumenlab

Dear power_in .You ordered the fresnels from 3Dlens.Have you compared your lenses from the ones that the lumenlab sells.I am a little confused as to where i should buy the fresnels and the triplet from.3D's appears to be better but please tell me how much of the difference do these make on the image quality.If you have gone through the lumenlab's litrature then they say that for lcd projectors 0.5 mm is better than 0.2mm. I donot know why. Please help me out.power_in

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.