NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am using a 15" LCD screen. The maximum size lens available from lensel is 310mm which includes 10mm clear plastic border so the lens falls a little short of required 304mm width. Which gave me the issue of dark corners. I could never compare the result of two side by side but the 3dlens one look clearer than the lensel ones.

- Nitin.

Dear Umesh,

Request you to kindly refrain from discouraging anybody from putting in any info, That link Mak posted may be quite old but for a beginner even that may be very informative and useful. Even he has spent his precious time for all this info and guidance so i feel it would be wrong to be so discouraging to a person who is willing to do his part for the forum..

Rest assured nothing personal and Apologys if i have tresspassed in this matter.

Rgds
Nirmal

Hi Umesh,
This is not the way to comment on a senior member's post on this forum. Maks is one of the main contributor of this thread, and his guidance along with Budhi's has helped a lot of us in our projects. He will never waste others' time. Think twice before posting stinging comments.
- Pollok

hi just new to this and have given up my television. I am 40 years of age and i am sick to death of repeat telly .
i have been tinkering around for years now with this n that like home made amps ETC. to cut a long story short where do i get cheap but large map reading lenses and can i use a lens from my disco moon projector for the front projecting lens

not bad picture quality

hi budhi that would do for me going by your pics on your picture quality. did you put in any cooling fans in as well as the glass i had the same idea about the glass but where do you buy the 8inch monitor and how do i hook it up to my pc forgive for being thick

Hi ciderman,If you are a born tinkerer like me then this should not be a difficult project. Yes it is tough to get the goods together but not impossible, across the forum there are hundreds of different LCD screens being used,read the posts to see which ones are easy to disassemble .also experiment with all sorts of lenses and see if they work for you.
Page magnifiers are easily available at stationary shops, as map reading fresnel lenses.
Best of luck for your project(or)!

hi guys,
i have started to build my pj. bought 10.3" 800 X 600 super lcd, this guy is amazing very easy to strip and it has only one ffc cable and the panel is hitachi.
the only problem right now is to find a suitable bulb. i have checked each and every shop i cant able to find osram powerball only powerstar is available.

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum, though I have been keeping a watch over the discussions thereon since long. I myself intend to contrive a pj but I have failed to procure optics (fresnels & triplet) - even contacted with lensel, Pune but to no avail. Is there anybody who can help me and inform where to get these things (in Delhi).

vijaycool said:
hi guys,
i have started to build my pj. bought 10.3" 800 X 600 super lcd, this guy is amazing very easy to strip and it has only one ffc cable and the panel is hitachi.
the only problem right now is to find a suitable bulb. i have checked each and every shop i cant able to find osram powerball only powerstar is available.

Hi Vijay,
Congrags, Great start. I am also planning to use 10 inch LCD for my projector. Can you tell me the model no of the LCD and what is the price you paid for it? .Also if possible can you post a few pictures of the LCD.If you are looking for 150W Why not try Philips metal halide bulbs? I have attached a couple of data sheets for your reference. 150 w models are easily available, go for integrated control unit ballast, costs around 900rs( else you will need a seperate ballast,capacitor and ignitor which is messy)

Cheers :cheers: ,
Gitesh

Attachments

• philips 150w metal halide.zip
    46.9 KB · Views: 88
Hello Guys,
At last after all the running around and troubles, my PJ is ready. Seriously, the most difficult part of the project is i'll say acquiring the stuff.
Here's what I used and the respective cost
Super 7.2" LCD - 3300 rs.
Osram MH and elec. ballast + holder nd reflector : 1780rs.
2 Fresnels both 300mm (I had to use a 300mm for the condensor also) : 700 rs
Triplet 317 mm : 1500 rs
2 12v dc axial fans and converter : 150 rs
Ply wood, woodwork and all those stuff : 700 rs

Total : 8130rs.

My room is pretty small so I planned to place the pj in my almirah which I measured to be big enough to hold the box. But alas. Arnd 5 in the morning, when I finished off and with all the excitement tried to place that box, somehow the almirah seemed to have shrunk down :whazzat:

Anyways, after much mental exercises I have now been able to place it in the most weird location possible. On the floor at the entrance of my room and with a more strange keystoning angle.

I'm getting a screen diagonal size of 65" with 10 feet throw dist. Works for me!!!

For the screen I used the cheapest possible option, chart papers :D:

I'll soon post all the pictures I took in a day or two as my sceptical office has a blocked usb.

Ya Gitesh,
however there are couple of things which i avoided doing. I used the standard lumenlab design instead of a folded one. Separate wiring for lcd,ballast,fans thus have a lot of messy wires lying around.
anyways the result is what that matters :)
btw, I hope to see you today evening.
And for you getting the parts won't be that tough as I had already put in a word to the optics and allied eng. ppl about the triplet u'll need.

ppl in bangalore can now expect to get the stuff without much running around.

Dear Atrisarkar,

Congrats Buddy :up: !!!!

That was real quick, great going.... It was really pleasing to know that almost most of the hassles for the required components is nearly lessned by efforts of ppl like you and many others on this forum. Its really inspiring to go thru all these posts and be assured of all the tried and tested methods before one decides to take the plunge ;).

Expecting to see the results of your efforts at the same speed !!!

Enjoy the big picture :D

Rgds
Nirmal

vijaycool said:
hi guys,

The same happed to me, So I finally settled for philips 400W HPI T plus. The problem with Osram powerstar is that the arc is towards the end of the lamp which requires extra big enclosure so that u can centre your lamp.

I am watching movies @ 150" size on my light yellow room wall and I have no problem in brightness or color rendering. And it will get even better when I'll buy a stabilizer to feed my lamp 240V (around 200V currently).

Thanks.

- Nitin.

Hi Guys,
Some pics now.

This is all the reason why it took such a less time to build it :D :D
Needless to say, I'll modify it once I get bored/irritated with the size of the box.

Attachments

• tn_01-05-07_0413.jpg
    tn_01-05-07_0413.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 409
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.