NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New projector from India !

Maks i guess some people just can't read thats to easy!!!READ THE FORUMS PEOPLE!!!By the way maks I've started another build the final one I HOPE!!This one is going to be using a 15"LCD T.V with much higher resolution better contrast and faster response time.With the current setup the furniture is placed to close to the projected image with little room for comprise and therefore i would like the image in HD.(sharper,clearer,brighter,more contrast,etc.)Now that i no how to build this one will be a breeze. http://www.hostclip.com/dl/4a667decec0e61d40263714043285442

Re: New projector from India !

cool 1 said:
....By the way maks I've started another build the final one I HOPE!!This one is going to be using a 15"LCD T.V ....

Dude, looks like U've started a production belt of PJs... lol !!! :D

btw, I dismantled my PJ today..... had to take off the ballast, it needs to be replaced... that damn thing doesn't fire the bulb soon. Also, I'll soon start working on a LED matrix on experimental basis.... if it takes off, the MH and accompanying heat will be eliminated. But as I said, it'll be experimental... dunno how the color temp. and other things wud be.

Maks that is unfortunate that your ballast has give up NOT GOOD!!As for the Led setup good idea that has been done before less heat yes by far the best way to go !Color temp can be solved that has been proven.Production NOOO way !!!I just want an awesome projected image HD is the way to go.So that is the way i will go!I have also started my theater. It is going to be portable so that when i move April 15th i can then set it up even better!Looking forward to this weekends wrestle mania on giant screen.Hurrayyy!!!

good DIY screens

i cant resist my temptation to post this url. its simply wonderful. difference between white wall and gray screen. great DIY. but my question is there any equivalent code for paint available locally here (INDIA). we can easily get polyvinlyl(hoarding sheets). but what about other equivalent stuff. we guys make some market research on paint.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=708009

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=776981

@Mods: sorry if i pointed external link in this forum.

vijaycool said:
@Maks: i remember u are using polyvinyl. how is the performance and what will be the cost 100 inch diag.

Hey Vijaycool.... nice links, just too good.
well yes, I'm using a Polyvinyl cloth for screen.... Cost I dunno... one of my frens who does laser printing jobs gave it to me for free... :D

I have painted the back of the screen with light grey paint... U can see the difference for urself on my website. pls follow these URLs

Before making the screen (pls scroll down for results pics)
http://macxpages.tripod.com/id5.html

After making the screen (Poly Vinyl)
http://macxpages.tripod.com/id13.html

vijaycool said:
....seems like there is some screen door effect in the screen. what is the native resolution of the display

No, Vijaycool...... there's absolutely no screendoor effect. Its the fine lines on the Poly Vinyl cloth that are caught by the camera becoz I had set it to 4 sec. LT expo. It was not there when I was using a white bedsheet for projection. The fresnel lines were visible a lil bit earlier, but I managed to get rid of that by moving the fresnels a lil away. The resolution is 640x480. Many would argue that at this resolution a Screendoor effect is ought to be there, but I contradict to this.

and yes... mine is a OSRAM power ball MH lamp. The part no. is 150W/830 WDL HCI-TS. It did cost me a bit more here in B'lore. The bulb alone is 650/- re. With ballast and fixture, all came in for 1900/- re.

vijaycool said:
.... But maks why did u chose such a lower color temperature bulb.

B'coz it does it's job. Dude, sometimes we need to get practical rather than just following the black lines. When I was a kid, I used to reflect sunlight with a mirror on the wall, cut a small slot in a cardboard, put a film in there (we used to get a bunch for 25 paise) and hold a magnifying glass next to it... and enjoy big image (still image of cource) on the wall. It was my regular passtime. But obviously... I didn't knew abt optics, Focal Lengths, etc... and I didn't measure what's the color temperature of the sun.... :D.... yet it was a child's play for me. A tinkerer is one who does hit and try things.... n' that's what I am.

ok i need to find out 942NDL is available over here(must be availale.)

ofcourse maks any kinda bulb will do the duty. atlast its all our satisfaction towards diy pj's. now u have running successfully and its time to do experiment with diff settings to get the most out of it. i am just trying to match closer to the expensive commercial pj's. one day i would be happy that rs 40k pj is matched by 8k diy pj.
this is my perception 3000 kelvin will be warmer than 4200k. the flesh tones will affect the most. but this can be compensated by calibrating the screen by changing RGB setting in ur lcd screen with the suitable software. have u calibrated?

Vijaycool Remember to stay between 4200 & 6500 no higher i am using a bulb with the same color temp 4200 and it works great!! Try to get the bulb you listed in the above post as you can then use a condenser lens and a good reflector you should see very good results also try to get the 250 watt powerball it's a great bulb,and you can't go wrong with it.My bulb is huge so i would like to get a smaller one then my image will be 4 times brighter then i could have some light in the room on.Remember that reflectors & condensers do wonders!!

vijaycool said:
... this is my perception 3000 kelvin will be warmer than 4200k. the flesh tones will affect the most. but this can be compensated by calibrating the screen by changing RGB setting in ur lcd screen with the suitable software. have u calibrated?

Yes, Vijaycool.... I do not need to calibrate RGB settings on my LCD... infact there's no such setting in the setup. But, there's one setting called "TINT" in my LCD... it varies between warm and cold tones... and belive me, it works wonders... I can correct the skin tone if the DVD quality is not good.

ha. Now back to back to condensors. I asked mastero regarding this and i am not sure wil tat capable of handling heat or not. Any anybody teach me to use condensor calculator. I am going to start my pj in another 3 weeks awaiting for fresnal and lens. I want enclosure to be compact wat design u suggest.

Re: super lcd screen

vijaycool said:
here in pune i saw one super(brand) lcd 10 inch 4:3 and amazing 800*600 res screen. Its very crisp and bright. He is using as a monitor. The price he was telling was 9k:eek: i feel i am being ripped off. My question is super is strippable?

Vijaycool... I'm using the SUPER make lcd for my pj (U must've seen on my website). It's a very good one loaded with tonnes of features. Everything inside is SHARP make. Besides, it's very easy to strip.... Mine is 7" and i bought it for 3750/- from Mumbai.

vijaycool said:
oh. So 9k is so expensive even i think i can getta 15 inch monitor. Maks i liked ur pj design can u give the dimensions of the box. And one more why you are using aluminium foil instead of mirror?

Hey dude... I'm not using alluminium foil INSTEAD of mirror.... it's put at the back side of the mirror with multiple folds... serves like a heat-sink.

my PJ is 12"(h) x 10"(w) x 23"(L). I didn't try to make it a compact design as I wanted to keep enough flow of air within so that heat does not become an issue.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.