New Lii-Audio “Fast-15” - anyone hear these yet?

I think he should sub brand his drivers with the name "original trumpet flower". I sure hope he has a good customer base in China because it's a tragedy the deception that's taken place in the West with the lii audio website making people believe they are buying lii audio when they are buying the fake.
If you check both website it's getting pretty clear now, Lii Song is doing pretty tacky stuff, check his most expensive driver vs the triaxial on lii audio xizi...
The thing is Lii Song does not have access to the good suppliers for doing more sophisticated drivers. If some people pay 2000 usd for dumb drivers with chrome plating...

Reactions: 1 user
Well, not sure it is as sinister as it appears, and may even be a dash of sour grapes thrown in. The original looks like a dedicated driver manufacturer, the latter, produces whole speaker projects, along with a driver offering. Could be that Song started out selling Xizi drivers, then got someone else to make them cheaper for them. Stuff like this happens all the time in business.
Guess if one had deep enough pockets, they could buy and test both versions of the Fast 15....

I'm not sure either. The guy stole the domain name and copied/cloned the hard work and invested time of a true artisan, oh well, happens all the time!

Anyway, buy what you like. I will support the original company with it's Genesis in research and development and time to make a good product apparently good enough to copy. Who knows, maybe lii audio originally just copied older drivers. I don't know. I guess it's the stealing the domain and directly copying the products that irks me. Creating confusion in the speaker market while never giving credit to it's origins. Making it look close enough that people think it's the same company. Like you said it's either sour grapes or something more nefarious. If people buy and like lii song that's great, i just feel like they deserve to know the truth about the company. If they don't care, then that's ok. Having never bought either, and knowing the story, i choose the original. People may love lii song and I'm happy for them.

So anyway, sorry to rant. I guess i get a little triggered with this. I won't go off on it anymore.

it's getting pretty clear now, Lii Song is doing pretty tacky stuff
Not clear to this eye. Song appears to follow a consistent design language across their lines while the 'original' Lii seems scattershot with garish colours thrown in. While no reflection on audio performance for either manufacturer visually I'ld rather Song's Platinum line in my living room than the H1502, M-6 or MUSIC-15 for examples.

I had the thought that perhaps they share tech in some sort of equitable agreement.

Example, my F15s definitely have the "MG" flower logo, but you cant get them from the 'original' Lii any more, only the (I assume) newer version with the radial hole vented whizzer design. The one's that look just like mine are still available from "Song" apparently.

Perhaps 'original' Lii cooks up stuff more out on the fringe, while Song is allowed to make, market and sell his "discards" designs. Which could be perfectly fine drivers, only 'original' Lii thinks he can do better. What with that vented whizzer cone, the more compliant suspension version also having the "ball" phase plug versus the pointed one Song is selling in his more compliant suspension unit, that I'd bet 'original' Lii had previously.

I will go in China for business in August. I need to see If I can prepare something, like interview + pictures of Lii Audio office (factory i am not sure for IP reason). I visited both offices for info. There is no agreement at all. The story is Lii song (which is not his name by the way) was hired as a salesman by lii audio and then screwed up by opening his own foreign market without telling lii audio and creating his own channels and products. So no the quality is definitely not the same and their agreement is non existent. They are under lawsuit in China from Lii Audio, but I am afraid you need too big pockets to really stop this (Lii Audio is not exactly like Apple...).

Interesting the stem-end of the "Morning Glory" logo in that aliexpress link seems to indicate the letters "LII", while in the stem-end from the original LII website seems to indicate the letters "MG" - as do the logos on the particular units I have. How subtle...
So no the quality is definitely not the same and their agreement is non existent.

My apologies for having suggested the possibility.

I will go in China for business in August. I need to see If I can prepare something, like interview + pictures of Lii Audio office (factory i am not sure for IP reason). ...).
I hope this comes to fruition. Looking forward to this. Would love to get a historical insight on the company and how they became involved in r&d, what their inspiration was in audio ECT. 👍

Interesting the stem-end of the "Morning Glory" logo in that aliexpress link seems to indicate the letters "LII", while in the stem-end from the original LII website seems to indicate the letters "MG" - as do the logos on the particular units I have. How subtle...

My apologies for having suggested the possibility.
LOL, you made me pull out the magnifying glass...the ones I got from Amazon have MG on them.

Have to say I agree with the one review of the Fast-15 listed on that aliexpress page. If listened to off axis, they can sound pretty good. And that is with not much break-in time, and no EQ (yet). They would probably work decent in the Decware barrel baffles, or maybe a modular TMM or MTM. I bought the plans for the barrels, and could go for the larger version. But thinking of going with a modular as it would be easier to build and assemble (and carry upstairs to the room).

Last edited:
The link is selling leggit products but i need to ask if it's official shop or no. Can be someone helping him, i can ask, but now it's chinese new year not sure i will get feedback fast. Lii audio is against using pass band filter and these kind of things for full frequency drivers (i mean his philosophy, after everybody is free to experiment).
Decware i never ordered but i find it weird that the guy seems to be a real hifi enthusiast sharing interesting speaker building and at the same time using lii song. I guess it's a mistake out of knowledge.

I have several drivers but as people ask for F15, F12 being close to it, here is mine. I am trying them into a temporary open baffle similar to Quad ESL 57 in term of dimensions. I like trying different baffles...

Attachments

• f12-1.jpg
    f12-1.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 70
  • f12-2.jpg
    f12-2.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 71
Hi caisson rj are you the one in contact with original Lii Audio who has visited them in their factory? I have been supporting them and trying to get people to understand the original vs copy (Lii Song) here and on facebook.
To support them I did order from their vendor on Taobao (under the username : lyw77777 or "Western morning glory" or linked here : https://shop34264741.taobao.com/ ) a pair of 18" coaxial C1802 and a pair of woofers W18.
Sadly they shipped two F18 instead of the W18 and even worse the F18 was DOA (they have a scratchy sound coming form the internals even played at low volume). I requested an exchange, but the vendor has stopped communication with me and I am left with an unfinished project and no woofers.
Do you have any way to communicate with the actual people at LiiAudio?
I need to return these wrong and defective F18 and get the W18 to finish this project before the sour taste in my mouth makes me throw everything to the trash.
Thanks.
1708311459370.jpg

Hi caisson rj are you the one in contact with original Lii Audio who has visited them in their factory? I have been supporting them and trying to get people to understand the original vs copy (Lii Song) here and on facebook.
To support them I did order from their vendor on Taobao (under the username : lyw77777 or "Western morning glory" or linked here : https://shop34264741.taobao.com/ ) a pair of 18" coaxial C1802 and a pair of woofers W18.
Sadly they shipped two F18 instead of the W18 and even worse the F18 was DOA (they have a scratchy sound coming form the internals even played at low volume). I requested an exchange, but the vendor has stopped communication with me and I am left with an unfinished project and no woofers.
Do you have any way to communicate with the actual people at LiiAudio?
I need to return these wrong and defective F18 and get the W18 to finish this project before the sour taste in my mouth makes me throw everything to the trash.
Thanks.
View attachment 1290391
You bought it directly from taobao ? (means you can speak chinese ?) Sent abroad or in china ?
Just spec wise, the C1802 is a coaxial driver going down to 30 Hz already, did you try them alone ?

Yes bought direct from Taobao, using Google translate. Sent to Thailand.
I haven't tried anything, the woodworker is waiting to finish the assembly with W18 but I guess this is going to end with just the C18...
Have you kept a contact there by chance? It would be good to let them know their Taobao vendor isn't serious.