New Lii-Audio “Fast-15” - anyone hear these yet?

Hey folks, have any of you heard the new Lii “Fast-15” drivers? They look similar to the F-15 but appear to use softer, cloth surrounds. I presume these Fast-15 should require less break-in time than the F-15. Wondering how they sound..

98472208-2A89-4309-834F-8C4BCA75C426.jpeg

I never heard them but they prob sound pretty good given Lii's other drivers. They're not in production just yet, right?
Unfortunately this demo recording is pretty useless due to the gawd-aweful music recording quality they chose to play.
Frankly, I think they sound like complete dog sh*t in that recording.
I also think those baffles are way too large. Bigger is not always better with open baffles.

These barrel shaped baffles are prob better (the Fast-15 is on the right).

296227988_1894729804056132_5767113743918221781_n.jpg
295973568_1894729714056141_2535244453155503672_n.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Well, the taobao Lii storefront has six buyer remarks dated 5/25-10/22, take them with a pinch of salt:
(Chinglish translation)
10/22 Even naked very good effect.
7/08 Washbasin-size, sound quality very good [vid snipet].
6/24 First-rate workmanship, good-looking, full and clean sound.
7/17 Sound delineated not thin and tight; balanced, after burn-in should be even looser extended; very satisfied long-time cooperation.
9/09 Have expectatons once in cabs.
5/25 DIY, listening before paper-barrels arrive, mid and HF excellent, even cab-less bass not bad.

According to the product description, Qts=0.99, requires less than 150L for bass, even naked has audible 90hz.
1667283527573.png

That chart and those specifications are completely different from what Lii Audio shows on their US website for the Fast 15.

https://www.lii-audio.com/product/o...il-frequency-response-and-soundstage-fast-15/
Intriguing. From the taobao store which has been around for many years and has over 5000 fans:
(verbatim)
The Xizi morning glory brand was founded in 2006 by the West Lake in Hangzhou, China. The founder LII is fond of playing antique horns and full-range speakers, and works

The front window of the room was full of morning glory , so it was called "Xizi morning glory ". In 2010, we formally independently designed and developed full-range speakers. During

To the recognition and attention of domestic customers in China, the LII-AUDIO brand was registered in North America in 2017, and international business was started in the same year.

Set up its own anechoic room, design, OEM production and brand sales and other services, passed the EU CE product quality system certification and

ISO9001 international quality system certification, products are sold to more than 30 countries and regions around the world, and have won unanimous praise from customers. "Xizi morning glory" and "LII-AUDIO" (North America)" brands

belong to Hangzhou Konggu Electronic Products Co., Ltd. brands.

Reactions: 1 users
A little sidemark:
Lii is trying to get the oldskool fullrange driver sound. And they are getting better and better at it i see. Yesterday i heared a newer fast10 next to an older model 10" and it was a lot better and closer to the spec's supplied than i saw last time i measured their drivers.

If they keep improving their drivers, and getting closer to specs they may become interesting for me. That is what they should focus on, more consitant production and specs of their drivers and getting the top resonances under control (because those are still to sharp).
And their data on their different websites should also be more consistant like mentioned above.

They surely are more interesting than AN or many way to expensive esotheric drivers i've seen. But i'm more into newer style drivers like Mark Audio that are much more engineered and have a more neutral sound. These Lii drivers and the ones they are modelled to are always very coloured in sound, and that is ment like that (which is not necesairly wrong).

Unfortunately, I think anything one might say about "Lii Audio" speaker drivers must be accompanied by (in fact merged with) a photograph of the driver showing both front-of-cone and rear magnet cover. The taobao store driver has a small morning glory stamped on the cone at 6 O'clock and flat magnet cover. Some others sold in China don't show that part of the cone in their ads. "Lii Song" is a newcomer brand that hadn't existed when Crystal 10 first made waves in the US, made by Xizi (the Belle West Lady from ~500BC) morning glory.

Reactions: 1 user
Those barrel shaped baffles were designed by Decware or in partner with them. They prob bought some of that first batch.
For yucks I ordered a pair as my winter project. I'm planning on putting them in an oversized barrel baffle. They are being discussed on the Decware site but are so new nobody has an informed opinion about them yet. https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1658916276
Nice. What amp are you gonna use with it?

But i'm more into newer style drivers like Mark Audio that are much more engineered and have a more neutral sound. These Lii drivers and the ones they are modelled to are always very coloured in sound

this statement in a Lii thread, injecting an opinion relative to MA, seems defensive to me, of your own purchase decisions. You like the MA driver better, fine.
It's clear that many people prefer the "coloured" sound to the "more neutral" sound and they couldn't give a sh*t about the supposed more engineered aspects. They just let their ears decide. I tend to agree with the notion that what you actually hear takes precedence above everything else - particularly the marketing used to sell gear. Not the least of which is because what we all hear and prefer is subjective.

this statement in a Lii thread, injecting an opinion relative to MA, seems defensive to me, of your own purchase decisions. You like the MA driver better, fine.
It's clear that many people prefer the "coloured" sound to the "more neutral" sound and they couldn't give a sh*t about the supposed more engineered aspects. They just let their ears decide. I tend to agree with the notion that what you actually hear takes precedence above everything else - particularly the marketing used to sell gear. Not the least of which is because what we all hear and prefer is subjective.
No, it's saying my personal preference is there. They are totally different, except that they are fullrange drivers.

But for the type of fullrange drivers that Lii produce, they are getting better at it and are better than a lot of the competition that is way more expensive in that subsection of fullrange drivers. Lii used to be very inconsistant, but well build mechanically. Now they are getting more consistant, in a way that i think in a few years they will be very good and outclass the competition in their subsection totally. And i like that (altough it's not my kind of drivers). They already took so much sales of a driver builder i don't like (AN) that they almost seased production (only two models remain) because the sales drop that much. And that is a very good thing. So i'm keeping an eye on what Lii does the next years...

Reactions: 3 users
Lower right corner of that pic shows a date of 2015 so that's a BS chart. That's not great marketing for Lii, doesn't instill confidence, right?
Sharp eyes, the chart on the web site is too perfect in my opinion. The chart I copied from the taobao store is more believable.

In other posts I mentioned several FR speakers available only in China that I liked very much. In fact there are many more companies developing new FR driver technology/materials, catering to the urban local market (I gave it the tagline Closer To You -- CTY). Some very high fidelity sound, improving all the time.

Last edited:
Lower right corner of that pic shows a date of 2015 so that's a BS chart. That's not great marketing for Lii, doesn't instill confidence, right?
Good catch and that certainly doesn't inspire any confidence. Decware and Caintuckaudio.com have both been big proponents of Lii Audio's products but perhaps it is all just a big con or bait and switch.

Those barrel shaped baffles were designed by Decware or in partner with them. They prob bought some of that first batch.

Nice. What amp are you gonna use with it?
I think caintuckaudio.com is the big proponent of the barrel baffles and Lii speakers. Decware says they licensed the design from them and then they upsized the baffles quite a bit.

I have a bunch of amps but I'll probably use them with either a Dennis Had Universal SET or the Arte Forma Aida 2A3 amp. But I'll burn the drivers in with a solid state amp. I'm actually not that optimistic that I will like them but I wanted an easy project.