• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

It's a friendly tease / critique... change anything in the test volumio and the you'll get invalid audio device... re-imaged at least 5 times from stock to get it working.

I'm an LMS / piCorePlayer -- and sometimes MooDe ('cause it has squeezelite, choice of the advanced kernel, and it is so refined) guy. Never use volumio, so this is my fresh take. The database (Moode/Volumio) being on the pi & having to scan just does not seem like the way to go (IMO) compared to the LMS layout.

The stable volumio may be great!

...and only works on pi2/3 grrrrr -- no piZERO

Last edited:
Sure is an exotic looking film cap on the LT3042 analog side:

And yeah! Finally separate regulator/filter on the clocks (just in general):

This hasssss to more than the Ti/BB PCM51xx deserves ;)

Need to get the drivers open-sourced & in the official linux!

...and interesting overkill supercap--

Sweet setup you got there. :)
We have 2 SMD film caps, the bypass to the analog is film as well.

Boss pics look very good. I'm very curious to hear reports on it. And even more curious to get one to play with.

Love those SMD film caps... see here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ry-dac-pro-hw-mods-anybody-3.html#post4626613

Then the Supercap... I first saw that suggested as a useful add-on to DAC power supplies in Joe Rasmussen's thread here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...entations-alternative-post-dac-filtering.html

I haven't tried it yet, but will in a few weeks on a current project. I'm glad the Allo designers tried it and liked it.

Greg in Mississippi

We used the supercap because of the Joe Rasmussen thread. First time we fired it up, our team has come back and said that something was wrong , we got too much bass. We checked on AP machine, its not that we had too much bass, its finally we had enough power for the bass not to be distorted/under powered. This is how bass should be. Not some fake booster , just enough electrons.

Can the boss be combined with the piano 2.1?
I don' t get the master slave thing with i2s... slave devices use the pi's clock
and master devices bring their own? Is that all?
I would like to use the two together to have 2 DSP'ed outputs and one plain output with the same sound source obviously.. is this possible? I2s is one-way, right? Piggyback is possible?
(master) Clock is passed through?

Can the boss be combined with the piano 2.1?
I don' t get the master slave thing with i2s... slave devices use the pi's clock
and master devices bring their own? Is that all?
I would like to use the two together to have 2 DSP'ed outputs and one plain output with the same sound source obviously.. is this possible? I2s is one-way, right? Piggyback is possible?
(master) Clock is passed through?

Boss cannot be combined with Piano 2.1. I2s is not one way, can be master and slave. Master DACs send the clocks to RPI and received data. Slave DACs received clocks and data from RPI.

Thx you Jesper.

We expect to start mass production next weekend. Then it will take 4-5 days to arrive in EU.

Exciting :)... But what is it with the driver? Are you missing some kernel driver (buildin or module) from current ARM kernel???

If i must care to say, best playersolution must be some build around the tinycore distribution, here everything is loaded into RAM so unplugging power means nothing, and makes no harm (picoreplayer uses this distribution). But if one build its own tinycore-player, smaller loadtime (very small!) can be archived :)

Jesper.