• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

Hello , we have found a problem in the BOSS unit we sent you for review. From 7 to 20k the signal degrades (slightly) . We rechecked the whole board...and we found that RC filter in the analog stage changed from old datasheet to new one. Unfortunately we used a value (c) from old datasheet and r from new...so the low pass filter characteristics changed allowing more noise to pass. Basically the LPF RC cutoff frequency is 15Khz ..we are changing that to 96Khz (old TI datasheet was 73Khz and new is 140Khz) We think that 100Khz is better. Please hold the reviews.
Mass production will have the right LPF , we are thinking how to give you new units.

I am playing few streaming URLs which are having sampling rates like 22050 Hz and 32000 Hz, which are not supported by Kali. So, those audio plays as if the audio is in Fast Forward mode.
Without attaching Kali board, these sampling rates play fine.

So, my question is incase if Kali detects non-compliant sampling rate, can it just by pass and send the I2S signal as it is without doing anything ?

Is there any fix for it ?

I have RPI2 with piCorePlayer 3.10 working with Kali (3.11 has no network connection with RPI2).
Just wondering, isn't there another I2S option that works other than "RPI Dac"?

I use it with an external AK4495SEQ dac for the moment, as a test.

Will wait for 1 week of burn-in and then will compare with Ian's FIFO II kit,
which is troublesome from the beginning btw.
Can only play 176.4kHz files on it, have to upsample and downsample everything, and 96kHz doesn't work at all, even with upsampling.

Hope Kali brings me more luck :)

I am looking for a way to convert USB audio to a clean I2S stream (no music streaming over computer networks here). So I am wondering:

• Is it possible to use the Kali reclocker without a RPi or similar singleboard computer? I am looking for a I2S reclocker to clean up the I2S signal coming out of a USB --> I2S converter (I have a Wave IO). Is this feasible with the Kali, assuming a suitable PSU etc. is available?
  • Alternatively, would it be possible to configure a RPi to act as a USB audio receiver, and then get a clean I2S signal from the Kali?