• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

@cdgames......

How many Kali hardware variants are now in the wild, and how do we tell them apart? ie. there was a 22/24 version, then a 44/48 version? Is there something silk-screened on the board, a revision number, that enables us to identify the variant?

With regard to Kali firmware..... How do we identify which version of firmware is currently installed on a Kali?

There are 2 versions 22/24 and 44/48Mhz...

Regarding firmware , paying customers have only latest firmware. Testers have a few versions. I don't think you can check the firmware but I sent an email to our team.

@cdgames......

How many Kali hardware variants are now in the wild, and how do we tell them apart? ie. there was a 22/24 version, then a 44/48 version? Is there something silk-screened on the board, a revision number, that enables us to identify the variant?

With regard to Kali firmware..... How do we identify which version of firmware is currently installed on a Kali?

I've bought a Kali with buffer loop problem, but have not received any news/mail how or when this problem will be fixed, is this correct?

Did you ask this question on the Volumio forum? The guy over there who represents Allo, (called Andre, I think), replied....

the KALI is a proven product that works.
the last second loop on pause only affected a small number of customers for which replacement units are being shipped.
please dont feel like you are taking a risk in any way when ordering it or any other hardware made by us.
there is ample positive feedback and a team that is backing its product as well as a partner (Volumio) who is supporting us.

So, if you bought a Kali with the "buffer loop bug" it seems they will be sending you a new board.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hello,
I have the soekris dac and the rpi3 as the source of the signal. What do you think, should I buy the kali i2s reclocker or FIFO in soekris is enough to solve the problem of the rpi's jiter ?

I have tried this with promising, but so far mixed results. Especially if you have a Rev 1 or 2 Soekris before he added HW reclocking after the FPGA, it should be useful.

Mine is a Rev 1 DAM1021

I hope to get back to this over the weekend and will update afterwards.

Greg in Mississippi

Did you ask this question on the Volumio forum? The guy over there who represents Allo, (called Andre, I think), replied....

So, if you bought a Kali with the "buffer loop bug" it seems they will be sending you a new board.

I've received a pm from Ioan, they will sent a new Kali, sorted.

By the by, very disappointing to hear, clivem, that your efforts for the Rpi kernel have come to a halt. Keep up the good work, I think it is much appreciated by many.

I've received a pm from Ioan, they will sent a new Kali, sorted.

Glad to hear it!

By the by, very disappointing to hear, clivem, that your efforts for the Rpi kernel have come to a halt. Keep up the good work, I think it is much appreciated by many.

From what Ioan has said, publicly and privately, their "plus" advanced driver for the Piano is ready and they are just waiting for TI to let them know this week, which license they should use to release the PurePath created miniDSP binary firmware, for the Piano 2.1/2 (sub and active crossover) functionality. That's what is important, that the software/firmware gets released to allow people to fully utilise the Allo Piano hardware, with the functionality that was described in the marketing materials. I'm going to refrain from commenting on the reasons for my actions until after that driver is released. That's what is important, that the driver and firmware gets released.