• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

Allo probably trying to be compliant with HAT spec by having EEPROM on board .....

They have an EEPROM? The new beta Digi+PRO has one and is set, it magically shows up without specifying an overlay in /boot/config.txt-- also hifiberry has a tool to program the Dac+PRO... and that works. I had to set a flag to ignore this (to use the slave overlay)

Just mentioning it/FYI-- the Digi+PRO's first I've seen this in action... and works nicely.

IOne odd thing is that when I touch 'Pause' the last second or so of music repeats 3 or 4 times before the player goes into pause. The same thing happens with Kali + Mamboberry LS (not sounding quite as good as Kali + Piano btw). I've seen reports of the pause issue also happening on Volumio with Kali + Piano, so it seems that the common factor in this is Kali.

I've just experienced something very similar, rebooting the PI whilst still playing music. Instead of the music stopping when the squeezelite process was killed, music was looping (a second or so of music) until the power was pulled......

I've just experienced something very similar, rebooting the PI whilst still playing music. Instead of the music stopping when the squeezelite process was killed, music was looping (a second or so of music) until the power was pulled......

It will be something to do with the buffering of the input stream and the routine that empties the buffer.
My memory is very hazy of the time I was writing IBM assembler code emptying a "circular" buffer in the 70s, but this sounds familiar.

We are aware of the issue for the past week...this is why we delayed shipping a few days to test and make sure everything works.

Shipments are on the way.

We are aware of the issue for the past week...this is why we delayed shipping a few days to test and make sure everything works.

Shipments are on the way.

Not sure I understand. This "looping sample" issue is on the replacement Kali that you sent me, not the original. You've sent another one, a third unit?

So, the bugs/issues reported with the 1st Kali you sent, 16 bit left/right channel swap and non-working 352k8/384k support, are confirmed fixed with the second unit you sent me. But outstanding now we have, firmware needs to monitor both left and right channels for zero detect, rather than just left, and this looping sample issue, when there shouldn't be any output at all from Kali?

Last edited:
That's correct.

Not sure I understand. This "looping sample" issue is on the replacement Kali that you sent me, not the original. You've sent another one, a third unit?

So, the bugs/issues reported with the 1st Kali you sent, 16 bit left/right channel swap and non-working 352k8/384k support, are confirmed fixed with the second unit you sent me. But outstanding now we have, firmware needs to monitor both left and right channels for zero detect, rather than just left, and this looping sample issue, when there shouldn't be any output at all from Kali?

Yeap you will. Wait for an email from CS

Regarding Piano yes its normal.

@ cdsgames

Hi,
i received my Kali a few days ago and i have the "looping sample" issue.
Will i also get a new unit or is there an other option to fix the issue?
My order number is 293.

On my Piano 2.1 the MUTE 1+2 LED are always glowing (not bright) but visible.
Is this normal?

Thanks
puxxi2003

Greg, Scott, or maybe someone else..... Is there anyone who has both the capability to build and use my rpi-4.4.y-simple git source branch and suitable hardware eg. 2.1 subwoofer, or wants a 2.2 (active crossover, l/r high-pass + l/r low-pass) output to test from Piano 2.1? PM me, please.

Guys, thanks for the offers to test the "full fat" Piano driver with 2.0/2.1/2.2 options and selectable low/high pass crossover frequency. Allo are still tweaking the driver and clarification is being sought regarding the license for the release of the DSP firmware created by TI PurePath software. As soon as there is something ready for wider testing, I'll let the people know who already expressed an interest in building from source and testing.