New Aleph-X PCB group order...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks!

I'm in Vancouver this week, apartment hunting... so my internet access will be limited until I return on Saturday night.

Paypal will be the preferred method of payment. However, I haven't sat down and figured out all the details yet, so please wait till I post them next week.

A few comments about bank transfers: they are very, very rare in the US. For that reason, they tend to be expensive and slow. Last year I accepted on bank transfer from Europe. It took at least a week to come through, and not only was there a fee for the poor guy to send it, there was another large fee applied when the transfer came through. I called the bank in advance to ask what the fees would be, and they said $10 per transfer. But, in total, I think the fees were $30-$40 USD, as the bank charged me $20, not $10 for the transfer! So I'm sorry, but because it is very hard to predict what the fees will be, and because they are so much hassle for me to deal with, I can't accept bank transfers.

However, there are lots of other ways to send money if you can't use paypal... Money orders from the post office are almost universally available, and are inexpensive. Western Union also works quite well, and the fees are fully disclosed in advance. Traveler's Cheques are another possibility I hadn't thought of, but I'm sure they will work well. And, of course, there is always cash as a last resort. I think unless you're ordering a large quantity of boards, sending a small amount of cash in the mail isn't a big deal, but of course there are never any guarantees that it will arrive safely.

Also note that I've requested everyone to list their country on the wiki sign-up. This way, you can get in touch with the other members in your country / area, and organize a single combined payment if it is convenient for you. You can also request to combine your shipments if it is easier or cheaper than sending separate shipments to each person.

OK, that's all for now, I'll try and check back a couple more times during the week...

Statistics

Some statistics
Country # Byers # Boards

Australia 2 8
Hong Kong 2 12
India 1 2
Indonesia 1 4
M'sia 1 9
New Zealand 1 4
Singapore 2 18
-----------------+
Asia + Australia 10 57

Belgium 2 8
France 2 8
Germany 4 28
Greece 1 2
Israel 1 4
Italy 1 4
Norway 1 4
Poland 1 4
Spain 2 6
Sweden 7 36
Switzerland 2 18
The Netherlands 8 63
United Kingdom 4 20
-----------------+
Europe 36 205

Canada 10 47
USA 49 285
------------------+
North America 59 332

Chile 1 6
-------------------+
South America 1 6

Unknown 1 10
Unknown 1 10
--------------------+
Unknown 2 20

Total 20-nov-2003 620

Maybe an indication that at least for Europe a second "point of distribution" could reduce costs for shipping? :rolleyes:

(Sorry, can't get the formatting right it seems)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.