New Aleph-X PCB group order...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Parts are arriving for my X amplifier project. 50 9610's, and another 50 240's. All semis are from the same die. Thanks Digi-Key!

Has a cut off date been decided on for these boards yet...guess I'm getting a bit itchy to build one. A cutoff date pretty doggone soon would be a good idea before this gets so large that no one can deal with it. I also agree that sending a pre made address label with your check would be the most courteous way and make it alot easier for the person nice enough to handle this already huge order.

Hard to believe that Pass DIY doesn't do this sort of thing...... Might help defray the web expenses they are so genrously incurring.

Mark

As per my original post, I am in the middle of moving back to Vancouver, Canada. I should move in to my new apartment right around the 2nd of Dec. That gives me a couple of weeks to unpack, settle in and get the fab run set up. After that, it's x-mas time, which I'll be spending with family in Calgary, as usual. The current schedule is to have boards back from fab, and redistribute around late Jan. Sorry if that sounds a little slow for some of you, but coordinating something of this magnitude, and working around a move takes patience (also the cheap fab cost is largely due to 4-week lead time).

This schedule gives me time to collect funds through Dec. and into January when I can attend to the task. I will be posting payment instructions during the last week of Nov.

Also, due to current order size, price is now fixed at $5 USD per board. As stated, surplus funds remaining after all expenses are covered will go to a charity, or maybe to Jason for hosting diyaudio(?). Still haven't heard any opinions on this...

PCB vendor is the same as last time... Advanced Circuits.

Filling out mailing labels is really not necessary though. In fact it's easier for me to copy and paste addresses from emails and print them on avery labels. This speeds up the task of labelling, and reduces errors. Much more difficult is filling out the little green customs declaration stickers that go on all the international shipments. You have to manually fill in the addresses. But that's no big deal.

Anyone who wants to help make the process easier for me can do so simply by reading my instructions carefully (when I post them), and following them to the letter. ;) But really, I'm serious! It always takes the most time and effort to keep track of orders where some information is missing etc...

"Also, due to current order size, price is now fixed at $5 USD per board. As stated, surplus funds remaining after all expenses are covered will go to a charity, or maybe to Jason for hosting diyaudio(?). Still haven't heard any opinions on this..."

Well i think it would be an excellent idea on how to get some funding to diyaudio..

So.. but howmany would be interessted in a group purchase for the Aleph P1,7boards?...i guess many here would need a preamp?

Hi Chad,
I can understand the move and all....what a pain. I just moved from SLC to Bountiful, UT....a mere 10 miles but what a pain in the a##!!

I'll wait for the boards, but may go ahead and wire my first X amp P to P for now. I could actually wire it P to P using those cool turrett terminals I used on my 2's right on the copper heatsinks I'm going to use.

I'd take a dozen 1.7 pcb's. Got to replace my L at some point with a balanced unit, plus I'm going along with Harvardarians theory of a system in every room!

Mark

As per my original post, I am in the middle of moving back to Vancouver, Canada. I should move in to my new apartment right around the 2nd of Dec.

hifiZen, are you familiar with Prince George (BC)? I grew up there most of my life and do get to spend a few months there every year. I also pass through Vancouver 3 or 4 times a year and have friends there where you can even drop off the PCBs there in my order?

Brendon

Hello Chad,

Just to let you know that I'm living in Indonesia and I could not pay with PayPal, coz PayPal doesn't list my country in their member signup page. :bawling:

So, while you're making the payment instruction, it's probably a good idea to put your:
1. International Bank Account Number (IBAN)
2. Bank Swift code
3. Account name (Your name probably)

so that I can pay with Telegraphic Transfer (TT). It's much cheaper for me using TT than purchasing Bank Drafts. It's also faster to use TT because you don't have to wait for the mailed Bank Drafts. I hope you save your money in a bank... :D

Thanks Chad!

Hi Chad

You need to be a bit cautious about any international payment methods that incur a transaction fee at your end-which is the case with many bank transfers. International cash coupons from post offices is a possibility.

Many of us have relatives and close friends in the US who can arrange US $10-$20, without too much trouble!

George

gjo said:
Hi Chad

You need to be a bit cautious about any international payment methods that incur a transaction fee at your end-which is the case with many bank transfers. International cash coupons from post offices is a possibility.

George

George has a point there. I don't mind adding a few bucks to compensate the transaction fee, as long as we're all happy. Just don't forget to include those hidden extra fees.

So, Captain....
we're all waiting for your instructions :xfingers:

Cheers,

Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
Parts are arriving for my X amplifier project. 50 9610's, and another 50 240's. All semis are from the same die. Thanks Digi-Key!

Has a cut off date been decided on for these boards yet...guess I'm getting a bit itchy to build one. A cutoff date pretty doggone soon would be a good idea before this gets so large that no one can deal with it. I also agree that sending a pre made address label with your check would be the most courteous way and make it alot easier for the person nice enough to handle this already huge order.

Hard to believe that Pass DIY doesn't do this sort of thing...... Might help defray the web expenses they are so genrously incurring.

Mark

Hey Mark,
We'll have to get together when these boards are ready and build some X's. I guess this means I'll have to finish my Zen V4 before the PCB's are ready.;)

Cheers,
Zach

hi

when transferring money abroad you often need not only the name of the account holder but also the name of the target bank.

- IBAN code or:
- SWIFT code (bank code)
- your name
- your account number
- your bank name

I've never had any problems with transfer fees on the receiver's side. Strange; having to pay to receive money :p

oh well, hope this is gonna work out ok and that the pcb's will be ready asap!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.