New Aleph-X PCB group order...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Chad,

In the Netherlands we have to pay multiple taxes for those PCB's, maybe thats why people are ordering the seperately.
When the PCB's are shipped and are described as computer parts, we only have to pay VAT (19%) :bigeyes:
If possible we 'd like to place a group order from the Netherlands, we'll have to check it on the Dutch diy site.
You will be informed.....

Grtz,
Nick

another year, another AX bulk purchase...

I see lots of activity and excitement going on here. Please keep in mind that the PCB is only 1% of the work needed to put this amp together and to get it to work reliably for extended periods of time in your audio system. Exceeding care must me put into matching mosfets and selecting source resistors. A properly dimensioned 50W/chn stereo version will weight in the neighbor of 35kg dissipate 275W with the chassis at 50 deg C. Besides the mosfets, adequate breathing and cooling should be provided for PS components like capacitors, transformer and recifier.

Last time we got maybe 5 amps built out of ~800 boards purchased. Lots of people that wanted to build 16 of the 200w version amp for their active 5.1 channel home theather. Needless to say these plans dissipated like hot farts in the wind. I hope people set more realistic goals for themselves this time around.

grataku said:
another year, another AX bulk purchase...

I see lots of activity and excitement going on here. Please keep in mind that the PCB is only 1% of the work needed to put this amp together and to get it to work reliably for extended periods of time in your audio system. Exceeding care must me put into matching mosfets and selecting source resistors. A properly dimensioned 50W/chn stereo version will weight in the neighbor of 35kg dissipate 275W with the chassis at 50 deg C. Besides the mosfets, adequate breathing and cooling should be provided for PS components like capacitors, transformer and recifier.

Last time we got maybe 5 amps built out of ~800 boards purchased. Lots of people that wanted to build 16 of the 200w version amp for their active 5.1 channel home theather. Needless to say these plans dissipated like hot farts in the wind. I hope people set more realistic goals for themselves this time around.

Yep, you are right, and you maybe remember that last year I reserved a couple from you but I left the traing go, because I was realistic (sorry and thanks again for the trouble)
It seems a lot of good work to do, and some of us will die on the way, but the results can be worth the effort, can't they? How much time did you spend in your AX, grakatu?

Does any AX builder from that last bulk want to encourage us? :clown:

I'm sure there is a lot to do before the work is finished, but it doesn't have to be finished in a week or so. I never build an amp before, but slowly and with the help of some people I think it isn’t impossible to do, the only thing you really need is a certain amount of “will power” :). In my case, I’m not trying to build a good amplifier cheap and thinking it will not take too much time or so. For 50% at least I’m trying to build it for the technical challenge and to lean something, it keeps me busy :).

An advantage of the difficulty of building it, the work gives satisfaction at the time it is finished :).

Raka said:

Does any AX builder from that last bulk want to encourage us? :clown:

Praise Grataku for words of wisdom.;)

That were my thoughts exactly. Last time we saw 700 or so boards ordered and less than 10 amps presented here. Unless some want to keep their Alephs in X file region, be realistic when ordering boards.

For instance, I ordered 36 boards, and used none. Sold 6 of them and used p2p technique for my first Aleph X. Those boards are very nicely made, and one friend of mine had plans to just hang 10 or 20 of them as a display on a wall (properly framed);).

It's hard to pass an opportunity like this, to buy such product at such low price, but don't buy more than 10 ( for yourself) ;)

And go for it, even if you decide to built the amp 5 years from now. It is surely worth it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.