New Aleph-X PCB group order...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks. Sorry about the delay in answering some of your emails. I have not been adequately keeping up with them this past week. My feeble excuse is that I needed a break from months of non-stop Aleph-X orders. :goodbad: In fact, I hadn't quite realized how many emails had accumulated in my inbox there... Again, my apologies, and gracious thanks for your patience.

Anyway, there are still about 90 boards remaining to be sold. Hopefully they will go quickly, and I can get down to the business of shipping them out.

For those who are looking for the ordering details, please see these two posts: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=326715#post326715 and http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=284069#post284069 .

Re: Last Call

Just a quick reminder... quantities are limited, and chances are, I will NOT be doing another big production run in the future, so this may be your last opportunity to get in on these circuit boards. You'll also be supporting this forum with your order.

Orders are first come, first served, so get in while you can!

Going, going...

:att'n: :att'n: :att'n:

OK folks, only 45 boards left! These are the LAST Aleph-X PCBs! So if you want in, don't delay... send your order confirmation email to me, and I will reserve your boards on a first come, first served basis. However, please wait for a reply from me before sending payment; I expect to run out soon, and some people inevitably won't make it...

To those who have sent their order request to me, but have not yet paid, please do so promptly so that the other members who are patiently awaiting delivery of their paid orders don't have to wait too much longer. I will set a payment deadline shortly, after which all non paid orders will be CANCELLED so that members on the wait list can have their turn.

I would very much like to expedite the last of this process so I can close the order at last and get on with construction of my own projects... ;) So let's get these boards sold!

:att'n: :att'n: :att'n:

Jim:

I'm planning to go down to Seattle and do the shipping next week. I still have some coordination to do with my pal in Seattle, as he's rather busy these days, but we should have it all arranged shortly. My best estimate at this point is that the shipping will be done by the 20th. Hopefully all the remaining orders and payments come through quickly. At present, I have 41 fully paid orders, and am waiting on payment for 6 more. There are only 11 boards remaining to sell, and I expect they'll go within the next day or two at most.

Hmm...

I want some boards as well, but my problem is that I've been out of the game for 2-3 years...

How many boards will I have to order to get a functional Aleph-x? I have seen that some have ordered 2, 4, 6....

Btw. I have 15 matched IRFP244 and a supply of +-35V.

I was originally building a Aleph-5.

Update:

OK, folks, I know you're all very anxious to get your boards, so here's an update on what's happening... I have two payments left to collect, and I expect them both to arrive very shortly. My host in Seattle is extremely busy at work this week :xeye:, and so I have agreed to delay my planned trip by a few days. Instead of going down tomorrow, I will be travelling down on Sunday afternoon. The boards will all be shipped out on Monday and Tuesday next week. Sorry for the delay, but it won't be long now... :)

Got my boards today. Nice. Thanks a lot Chad.

Now, I just need to decide how much output power I need.

Also, does anyone know the effect of using screw terminals like I see on some of the other amplifier modules? Does this affect the sound or is soldering the wires directly recommended?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.