New Aleph-X PCB group order...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got mine today.Great job Chad!
I propose the creation of a new thread now that hundreds of ax are going to be built titled "Aleph-X builders' thread".This should deal with construction specifics , parts substitution, troubleshooting and technical queries dedicated to people embarking on the construction of this amp and based on the boards.This should help a lot of people including myself of course.
Good idea?

Last Call

:att'n: :att'n: :att'n:

OK, it's open season again for orders... quantities are limited, and chances are, I will NOT be doing another big production run in the future, so this may be your last opportunity to get in on these circuit boards. And of course, you'll be supporting the forum with your order.

Orders are first come, first served, based on the date and time I receive your full and complete order confirmation email (subject to receipt of payment), which should state:

Subject: "Aleph-X PCBs - Last Call" - please observe this one, so I can keep new orders separate from emails regarding orders already processed.

Your Name

Your shipping address (exactly as it will appear on the shipping label)

The quantity you want (no orders over 10 please, let's give everyone a chance to buy in ... I may consider larger orders toward the end of the month if it looks like we're having trouble selling them all).

Your payment calculation (just as in the instructions for the main order), the method of payment, and date you send it.

Note: I will only be accepting PayPal, bank drafts / bank cheques, money orders and cash in US Dollars. Western Union / Bidpay, personal cheques and other forms of payment either take too long or are too much hassle.

Kram said:
sorry to ask this but what will be the cost of postage to the UK for 2 boards.

I looked at http://pe.usps.gov/text/Imm/immicl/immicleg_021.html

and it says $5 for small, $9 for large via Global Priority Mail, but i couldnt find how big small and large actually are.

Thanks for any help
Mark.

That's right. $5 flat rate for the small Global Priority Mail envelope (which will hold up to 8 boards) to most international destinations.

Coulomb said:
Hello Chad, got my 8 boards today, look very nice. I am just trying how to hook up Dale's FET boards now. Which (EXT) goes where.

Regards

Anthony

Ah, yes. I never did put together a proper explanation of the EXT connections (incidentally, they're sized for 12 gauge solid wire. Also, power, ground and output holes are sized for 4-40 hardware, while mounting holes are sized for 6-32 thread) ... Anyway, basically what you need to do is hit up passlabs.com for one of the original Aleph amplifier schematics and study how the output transistors and dynamic current sources are connected. Compare that with the basic Aleph-X schematic... the Aleph output stage is just duplicated on each side of the amp, so it's easy to take the cues from the Aleph service manual on how to hook up more parallel devices.

Here's a brief run-down: Use the EXT connections to extend the power supply rails and main signal return out from the PCB (these are the six outermost, and most prominent EXT connections on the board). EXT points are provided if you want to have off-board power resistor arrays (R2/R3/R42/R43 and/or R1/R4/R44/R45), but these are not strictly necessary. Be careful to figure out the proper power resistor values so that your dynamic current source operates properly. R7, R36, R9, and R38 need to be duplicated for each power transistor, as close as physically possible to the gate pin, and so there are EXT points to run wires out to those resistors. Don't forget that each output transistor also needs it's own R5/R6/R40/R41 source resistor as well. Last, you'll have to add connections for the current sensing resistors... R8, R10, R37 and R39 only need to connect to the first transistor on each side, and thus don't need to be duplicated; There are no EXT connections provided for these, as it is easy to run a thinner wire directly from an unused pad on the PCB, and they can be mounted on or off-board however you like. Although I haven't read it, the High-Powered Aleph-X thread probably has some more details about this. I hope that will be a sufficient starting point for you.

Group buy on toroids not worth the effort

$139.73 is the single unit price in CDN dollars for a 1000VA 30vCT toroid from Plitron. I don't know if that is an appropriate transformer I just asked to get an idea.

The price drops as per this sample quote:
Dear Greg,

Thank you for your inquiry. Following is the information you requested:
P/N. 117017201
100-249pcs $111.09 each
250-499pcs $102.70 each

Regards,
Helen Chen
Plitron Manufacturing Inc.
Inside Sales / Customer Service
hchenyanhua@plitron.com
www.plitron.com
416-667-9914 ext. 236

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.