NaO Note II RS

the MiniDSP (is) actually a very good sounding unit, and yes I think the DEQX sounds better but at a huge leap in price, especially for 4 channels where you'd have to cascade a pair of them.

Just ran across this thread.

Use both. I do. The tweeter, mid high, and mid low with the DEQX. The subs with the MiniDSP (installed in the DEQX chassis with power tapped from the DEQX supply). The mid low channel is run open on the low end. The subs are blended in. Perfect for multi sub applications.

Sheldon

Worse thing is, I did the exact same thing when I built a copy of Gainphile's S16 speaker, I made the reses for the speaker to large.

I am in two minds wether to start from scratch or use the router to cut out a ring that I can glue in.

I will have all of Friday to get on with it and hopefully have the main baffles finished.

Worse thing is, I did the exact same thing when I built a copy of Gainphile's S16 speaker, I made the reses for the speaker to large.

I am in two minds wether to start from scratch or use the router to cut out a ring that I can glue in.

I will have all of Friday to get on with it and hopefully have the main baffles finished.

In my case the rebate was over sized by about 1/4". What I did was to wrap the driver flange in tin foil, mount it in the baffle, and fill the gap with automotive body filler. After it set I removed the driver and sanded the filler level with the baffle.

I believe the NaO Note II RS is worth doing right, just for your own personal satisfaction.

There is no need to advocate sloppy construction, even if it is inaudible, wood is cheap after all.

Very true.

Before, I built all my panels in one afternoon. Then the last one which was 'proper' took me 2-3 weeks. But how satisfying that was even to look at and when not making any sound :D

My best advice for those kind of baffle with multiples radius and diameters to cut is to make a template. I generally use 1/4 MDF which is very cheap. so if you cut a hole too big it's not that bad.... It's the safest way to cut all you're baffle. I also save all my template and reuse them when needed... This is faster than you might think and you can duplicate one baffle after an other in minutes....

DSCF0521.jpg heres a picture of my nao note 2rs speakers very happy with them.

Attachments

• DSCF0515.jpg
    DSCF0515.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 740
Very nice, will you be building the grills?
I was going to be boring and paint them satin black.:rolleyes:

I will have to put grills on mign as I have some young fingers in the household.

How do they sound, what amps are you using? I have a 6 channel Rotel amp and a 6 channel Cloud CX-A6 amp all ready and waiting.

The Rotel I am using has 30watts/channel and the Cloud has 85watts/channel, I intend to drive each of the woofers (XLS-830452) with it's own amp so will use 10 channels altogether.

Managed to work on the baffles again today, built from scratch again, making two isn't any more work than making one though. Was unable to drill out the hole for the tweeter as I couldn't find my arbor.:mad:

Will be stating on the N-frame next.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The Rotel I am using has 30watts/channel and the Cloud has 85watts/channel, I intend to drive each of the woofers (XLS-830452) with it's own amp so will use 10 channels altogether.

Managed to work on the baffles again today, built from scratch again, making two isn't any more work than making one though. Was unable to drill out the hole for the tweeter as I couldn't find my arbor.:mad:

Will be stating on the N-frame next.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Yes, using the XLS 830452 it is probably a good idea to use a separate channel for each woofer as opposed to wiring in series to raise the impedance to the amp. But at the same time, the woofer are operating primarily around the impedance peak so wiring the XLS woofers in parallel and using a single channel isn't as taxing a load on an amp as might be expected.