• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MyRef_C with Ultimate BOM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Right on Bill :)
I dont like using chemicals, especially with the kid being in the yard so much. However, finding her screaming with ants all over her takes the environmentalist out of me in that regard. Boiling water could be some good revenge though.
Any suggestions for squirrels in the attic!? I just had it out with a squirrel that wasnt scared of me one bit. I smacked him with my hand through the screen he was on. He fell and yelled at me. I went outside and he is clinging to the side of the house not 3ft from me and wont run. So I pushed the bushes near the house against the outside wall of the house, knocking him down. He wont run. Got the broom and knocked him off the side of the house again and he runs about 10 ft. I walked after him and he kept a safe distance as I walked him to the neighbors yard. Probably he will be back in 5 minutes. Persistant!
uriah

DIY squirrel trap. Then relocate him to be nice. BUT.... In Louisiana we have squirrel season... ;-)

Sorry your daughter had a nasty shock like that Uriah.
Living in Asia changed my attitude to insects... here it's either kill em on sight or get bitten (usually in the reverse order!).
Not feeding the dog apparently works well for squirrel problems. Squirrels are not so bold with dogs! Or Flat rate box to Troy in Lousiana sounds like an option!
I'm sure you could rig up a 'squirrel surprise' with some large capacitors only a squirrel could reach!
Got my torroids and a few other bits the other day. Trying in vain to find my bench now... somehow its gotten buried in junk again!

Bill

Last edited:
Right on Bill :)
I dont like using chemicals, especially with the kid being in the yard so much. However, finding her screaming with ants all over her takes the environmentalist out of me in that regard. Boiling water could be some good revenge though.
Any suggestions for squirrels in the attic!? I just had it out with a squirrel that wasnt scared of me one bit. I smacked him with my hand through the screen he was on. He fell and yelled at me. I went outside and he is clinging to the side of the house not 3ft from me and wont run. So I pushed the bushes near the house against the outside wall of the house, knocking him down. He wont run. Got the broom and knocked him off the side of the house again and he runs about 10 ft. I walked after him and he kept a safe distance as I walked him to the neighbors yard. Probably he will be back in 5 minutes. Persistant!
uriah

Get yourself a dog of the ratting variety - a cute looking Jack Russell fits the bill nicely, although they're not so good at climbing (in fact they're useless), but they're good at putting the fear of god into all things rodenty :rofl:

Plus your kid will love him/her - how cute are these little fellas:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

:D:D:D

Last edited:
That's a great idea, as long as the Russel gets on well with kids. We nick-named our friends Jack Russel "Snip-Snap-Growl." Whilst small in stature, he had the attitude of much larger pooch and could probably jump high enough to get at that squirrel.

Option 2: As a youngster, I remember my dad going out to the corn crib with his rifle. He came back with 'lunch'... Squirrel does not taste like chicken...:yuck:

Best of luck wrestling with Mother Nature.. ;)

Ryan

To continue with the Terrier theme, how about a Border?

Gus-1.jpg

Soft with children, tough on rodents :snoopy:

Well the original theme is very 'on hold' for the moment as there is nothing left to do until Sonidos comes over and we get to work kitting. Then I will find out shipping costs and collect that money, then the packages go out and for the next half year or so we will be building and talking about it.
I just got an email from Mauro about bridging or paralleling. He says NO unless there is great changes to the NFB network in the amp. Mono block or stereo, thats it.
My wife grew up on a dairy farm. They eat their pets and see no reason to allow an animal in the house. When getting my daughter a little frog for her new "Nemo" aquarium I just had to do it without talking to the wife about it. She's a little militant about pets. I love dogs though. I have had a Collie and its offspring, a boxer which was a wonderful dog, and a miniature Schnauzer also a wonderful dog. With a kid, I think the boxer would be the best. Those little Jack Russels are vicious when they dont like you. Wife has the scar marks on her leg to prove it. Much higher on he leg than a Jack Russel could even stand on its hind legs. Jumped and hung there. Super smart dogs though.
Got the pcbs yesterday. Got the Mouser order yesterday. Short on Wima FKP2 1000pf though. Only able to get about half of them. The rest come available on 5/5. So am looking for another distributor for those. Have to start matching resistors. Fun.. LOL
Uriah

Me too - those pics weren't of my terrier cross.

And a dog, including a terrier, is only as nasty as the owner makes it - they can be trained to be good dogs, you just got to constantly be their master and remind them of the pecking order. Hard work with a terrier though.

Anyway, can't wait for the kit to be shipped and hearing it sing.

Uriah,

Glad to learn you're somewhat settled in your new place. I would like to request again that you post a final BOM.

Regarding the Caddock heatsink: if you bought the one I recommended, it needs to have one of the corners snipped off to clear other parts on the board. No big deal. A wire cutter will handle it without any difficulty because the aluminum is quite thin and soft. You should put a little thermal grease on the back of the resistor before mounting the heatsink on it.

This thread is really getting out of control. Anyone reading through for information will be sorely tested by all the chit chat, and it's not polite to stray so far from the topic. Please, no more pest or pet discussions or dog pics. Unless you consider a My Ref a pet! Perhaps detailed LDR preamp discussions belong elsewhere, as well.

Peace,
Tom E

Tom, Its just a group buy thread. I dont think any harm is done with friendly banter. The people that were going to buy have bought. I am making sure everything is in order with the parts and the board and the bom.
There is a build thread and thats where I suspect build discussion will happen once people get kits.
I bought a few 390R and 3k3 Shinkohs that will be randomly alloted to a few stereo kits along with the 390R and 3k3 PRPs. Hopefully those that end up with them will be kind enough to let us know if they hear a difference and what they do hear. The 390R does not fit in the board. Did you have to drill it out to get the 390R Shinkoh to fit Tom?
Have not got all the parts in the board yet. Probably will finish tonight.
Uriah

Okay, maybe I'm just being too crabby. It's your thread. If you don't mind the banter, I'll certainly refrain from criticism.

Shinkoh's. Wow, cool. Did you get the half-watt? I think that's all PC had available. They're too big to fit between the holes, but I can't remember them being too big to fit into the holes. I guess it was a tight squeeze, or I may have filed the leads down a bit. I did NOT drill out any holes for fear of damaging the board.

I think rather than randomly providing them, you should extract a solemn promise (they're worth that much, at least) that the receiver will do careful listening tests between them and PRP's. Perhaps you could ask here for volunteers. We all would benefit from that. In fact, many DIY'ers could benefit from such a comparison.

Peace,
Tom E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.