• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

my_ref revC group buy (Mauro Penasa LM3886 design)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ClaveFremen said:
Wich USPS's service is used for international delivery?
It depends on the country and the number of kits. Canada for example is generally FRE international priority. Your kit (I think) is Express Mail.

Basically we try to be as economical as possible while trying to stay safe. (In some cases it was cheaper to send 4 kits as twice 2 kits for example.)

Peter

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I'm debating which transformer to buy for the My_Ref RevC that is speeding its way to my doorstep. I only have room for a single transformer in the chassis, and would prefer something around 300 VA (+/- 50 VA). Does anyone know if there are any qualitative differences between toroids from Avel Lindberg (model Y236750, 25 V secondaries, 330 VA, $70 + shipping from PartsExpress) and Antek (model AN-3225, 25 V secondaries, 300 VA, $46 including shipping from the manufacturer)?

Many thanks,
Scott

I am using the AN 6225. WHY? Because it was cheap thats all. No need for that kind of monstrosity in anyones amp case. I like ANTEK just fine. I appreciate their prices and the fact that they use flat rate boxes to keep my shipping down.
Wanted to bring something to you guys attention. If you go to Audioholics.com you will find an AWESOME power conditioner for a great price. The APC H-15 is $149 right now. EMI/RFI digital filtering on all 12 circuits. Isolation transformer, full of MOV and inductors and ferrite beads. Shows you the VA you are using and it automatically regulates your voltage to 120VAC. Sure you could probably all build something similar, but try to do it for that price with LCD readout. It also fires up your audio system one at a time with time delay between each circuit :) Lots of other goodies, but it cleaned up my power for me and the hum I had in my speakers is GONE. The wiring at my house is terrible so maybe you have a similar problem.
Pics and a writeup here: http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/...15/apc-h15-introduction-and-first-impressions
Check out the last pic.
It also has a ground post on the back tied to a star ground inside. So all your equipment can go to a star ground at the power conditioner. Neat.
Uriah

Got my kits today and everything looks great.

I really appreciate your efforts.

Your enthusiasm is enjoyable, but the continuous thread hijacking is getting a little annoying.

I will start posting again on the "New My Rev C" thread that I started a couple months ago. Please, let's take the technical stuff there so it's easier to keep these issues separated. I'm sure there will be tons of questions and comments regarding building these fine kits.

Peace,
Tom E

Coreyk78 said:
received my stereo kit today, 2 boards and all the components nicely organized. USPS tried their best to destroy the outer envelope but the inner box was unharmed.

Thanks for all your hard work guys! Can't wait to put this together and start listening :D

Didn't he do an OUTSTANDING job at packing them!?!?!?

Is he still stuffing them with confetti? :D :clown:

LOL Thats awesome Peter. Good thinking!
The transformers/kits are not getting confetti. Everything has its own little 4x4x4 box and then is put in a larger box which is packed with cardboard, styrofoam, big bubbles, newspaper, etc. Whatever was going to be recycled but could get used again for packing something. My main goal in packing was to make sure things didnt move around. Transformers at ramming speed are baddddd.
Uriah

As per USPS tracking, the package was delivered to my friend in Maryland.
I'll ask her to check out the contents and get back to you later,
but I am sure it will be fine, considered the care you have put into this.

Great job, and thanks to Peter and Uriah for making this happen so smoothly.
Most appreciated.

Prasad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.