• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

my_ref revC group buy (Mauro Penasa LM3886 design)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
packages arriving

Thanks everyone for posting when your package arrives. I worry about all those kits going through the postal system, so I am starting to relax one small (120th) step at a time... :)

It's great to hear build stories too. I guess I put in enough time that I am now all emotionally attached! :)

It's all good though and a great pleasure to help make all this good kharma happen. That's a big reward for us!

Peter

I got mine two days ago... Sorry for posting late I've been busy. I built the boards yesterday and they look great. I'm still looking for a transformer to power these up. Anyone has a bargain ? I've found a Plitron 2 x 24vac 400VA but 120$ is a bit expensive.
Thank you so much to all of you guys who got involved in setting up that group buy ! :worship:

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Peter & Uriah:

I've been delinquent as well -- the package arrived several days ago in perfect shape. Thank you again for all of your hard work!

It appears that the transformer of choice for me will be the Antek 3225 -- 300VA, dual 25 VAC secondaries. Antek's prices seem to be the best around and people seem satisfied with the quality.

Regards,
Scott

Up and Running!

I've had to build one kit immediately.... :smash: :D ;)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It's made with my own parts, I've reserved the complete kit for a friend of mine...

Hosted in his case... :cool:

It works and sounds good but i'm too tired now...:yawn:
it took me 8 hours,only 15 minutes to eat...:D

pinkfloyd4ever said:
ahhh you lucky son of an italian....they're so cheap for as nice as they are, they blow away par-metal on price/quality ratio. It just sucks that shipping to the U.S. is like 3 times the cost of the case itself :bawling:

Maybe it's interesting for the next group buy...;)

The case I used is exactly the one Mauro Penasa recommends for his Evolution...

If you order from AudioKit shipping costs to USA are cheaper, ie:

GX288 (my case) = €23.40
Shipping with FedEx it would cost €32.60 , that's a lot but not 3 times...;)

Yes Peter,

I've left the additional decoupling (all chips are already bypassed Rail to Rail) because I've had bad experiences with PS Elcos bypassing :

PS Decoupling Caps in Gainclone

The original Mauro's schematics doesn't have this bypass caps that were added by Russ White on request of forumers...:D

In this moment I can't find the post but in the 'oceanic' thread Mauro itself on bypassing said something like: "If you really want to bypass PS caps it is supposed that don't hurt, but I prefer without.."

The C9 bypass is another thing and in this moment I'm just waiting that modules does a minimum burn-in, It could be that tomorrow C21 will be populated with a MKP1837...:smash: ;)

The amp sound GREAT :cool: and no trace of humming or other glitches!!!

My recent 'boutique' gainclone, that sounded great too, can't compare with MyRef!!!:D

In this moment I can't find the post but in the 'oceanic' thread Mauro itself on bypassing said something like: "If you really want to bypass PS caps it is supposed that don't hurt, but I prefer without.."

I've found the link...and some others...:D

Mauro on Bypass: the EL cap+ low cap work " decently ". If will do you feel better use them you.

Who suggested Russ to add bypass capacitors

Mauro on PS Capacitors

Do not parallel ZAs

Peter Daniels on bypassing

The C9 bypass is another thing and in this moment I'm just waiting that modules does a minimum burn-in, It could be that tomorrow C21 will be populated with a MKP1837...

Mauro recommends C9 bypass

Guys!

I've received my package last week here in the Netherlands :) It all looks great and I can't wait to put it together... I'll be finishing my Audiosector 3875 kit first and then I'll start working on the revC. I'm really curious as how they sound and how they compare to one another.

Thanks a lot for putting all the effort into this groupbuy!

Cheers,
Erik

erikdebier said:
Guys!

I've received my package last week here in the Netherlands :) It all looks great and I can't wait to put it together... I'll be finishing my Audiosector 3875 kit first and then I'll start working on the revC. I'm really curious as how they sound and how they compare to one another.

Thanks a lot for putting all the effort into this groupbuy!

Cheers,
Erik

Yes, PLEASE post you perception of the differences...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.