• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My_Ref Fremen Edition Interest/Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First of all, we reached the price break so each kit will cost 28€ + shipping. :)

Please, partecipants, PM me you PayPal associated email address before Sunday.

If you join now the GB, please PM at the same time PayPal info.

Some people asked me about parts kits.

There's no such thing as a part GB for a simple reason:

The Mouser BOM will have free shipping for most countries so in most cases a parts GB is useless, the savings from big numbers would be nulled by shipping costs.

Though, only for countries that have no Mouser free shipping over 65€, I can order parts for you (only FULL BOM or an handling fee will apply).

Shipping costs will be higher for the added weight, obviously.

A bit tired, so not sure how correct but my total for mouser (no transformers) 122 gbp.

Not buying yet, just wanted to see what is the total.

Just checked on Mouser, a full BOM actually costs 73€ + VAT for each module/PCB so total cost is 146€+VAT (1Kit = 2PCBs).

This expense it's consistent with your cart.

Also some parts are not available in this moment, I'll check for replacement parts.

I am about to finish my speakers this weekend. Sensitivity is approx 86 dB.
How will it affect build- it would require bigger loads ?

You will simply have lower max volume (the amp is a bit more than 40W) so you'll use more power -> more heat -> you need bigger heatsinks.

The ones in Pesante Dissipante are more than adequate (overkill in fact...)

I just add heatsinks internally using heatsink + enclosure body as dissipation element ?

Penasa for the Evolution simply uses these:

SK 68, Extruded heatsinks for PCB mounting, Heatsinks f.cool, Fischer Elektronik

attached to Galaxy Maggiorato's panels.

I suppose they could be fine.

Image from Evolution assembly guide:

attachment.php

Attachments

• evo.jpg
    evo.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 666
Some of the partecipants already on the spreadsheet still didn't PMed me, please do it.

Maximm07
Igorych
Bill333
ollux
Edzard Krol
acccruz

Please confirm your partecipation with a PayPal info PM.

If you want to cancel your order, no problem, but please PM me so we can finalize price.

If all of you confirm it will drop to 27€/kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.