• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My_Ref Fremen Edition Interest/Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
25Vac supply is good for both 8 ohms and 4 ohms load, right?

For 4 Ohm loads it's better to use 21-22V secondaries, 25V will work but will clip quite easily.

I have been following this project for long enough. I'm in as well.

Welcome :)

I am hoping these will sound as good as I think they will running my Altecs.

I suppose it depends on your expectations... BTW I'm confident you'll be satisfied. ;)

OK, great.

I'm building these to go with the amps: DTQWT-mkII

As you can see from the impedance measurement it's roughly 6 Ohms at it's lowest. Sensitivity is very high at 95 dB/2.8V so power shouldn't be a concern. Apparently they play loud even with 4W.

I have ordered six 225VA 22-0-22 Toroids from AirLink Transformers to go with the kits.

Thoughts?

Lastly I would like to give a huge "Thank you" to Dario for your work. I almost feel bad coming in at this late stage where all the hard work has already been done and simply take advantage. I promise to write a detailed build log!

/kazam

Wow! It seem than more than one partecipant registered on DIY Audio to partecipate to this GB, am I wrong? :)

I'm building these to go with the amps: DTQWT-mkII
(...)
Thoughts?

I would guess they will mate just fine.

Lastly I would like to give a huge "Thank you" to Dario for your work. I almost feel bad coming in at this late stage where all the hard work has already been done and simply take advantage. I promise to write a detailed build log!

You're welcome :)

The build log will be welcome as well ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.