My Take on Threshold NS10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Stabist said:
hehe - I've realized from where my confusion :( Silly me :smash:

Ofcourse - I should be more careful with datasheets where transistor is drawn 3 views :angel: (ground plan, side view, ...)
Geee, feel sooooo stupid :smash: :cannotbe: right now :bawling:

I always draw notes on paper in my usuall habit-legs to me,face down,if necessary.

hehe-I made mistakes more than once ,before I make that habit

choky said:

I always draw notes on paper in my usuall habit-legs to me,face down,if necessary.

hehe-I made mistakes more than once ,before I make that habit

hehe - the mistake I made was - I've done notes and sketches of placement of components - from top view (and marked legs) - and then opened Philips's datasheet - where ofcourse legs are marked as looking it from bottom; then opened another datasheet (with 3D drawing of transistor) - and ofcourse now I had "different markings" hehe :smash: :smash: hehe ... nice school for next time :angel:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
just half
not tried yet
series reg part (left part from dotted line) shared between channels
317 CCS and shunt for each channel on chared pcb (reg+audio)

edit- 50mA per stage

Attachments

• thinking.jpg
    thinking.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 510
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:

Are you going for the shunt reg? I hope you are indeed, just to see if it works for somebody else. (I had a little trouble with buzz as you remember if you read the whole thread:xeye: ) You can keep a shunt reg pretty small as you can see on the pics I posted earlier. The sound of it is just great:)

Steen:)

lalalalalala........
I don't have buzzzzzzzz
lalalalalala.......
:dead:
:devilr:
:clown:

choky said:

hehe
you can't

Hehe - do you wanna bet :devilr: :cool: ;)

steenoe said:

Are you going for the shunt reg? I hope you are indeed, just to see if it works for somebody else. (I had a little trouble with buzz as you remember if you read the whole thread:xeye: ) You can keep a shunt reg pretty small as you can see on the pics I posted earlier. The sound of it is just great:)

I'll try it out with shunt reg probably in next version/attempt - because right now what I have at hand is a bunch of LM317/337 ...

Which schematic did you use for your regulator?

choky said:
just half
not tried yet
series reg part (left part from dotted line) shared between channels
317 CCS and shunt for each channel on chared pcb (reg+audio)

edit- 50mA per stage

Hmm - as a start I wanted to build similar version as your series reg part (double series regulator) with additional power resistors at the output to have constant load ...
but now - this seems tempty :) (but I'll have to buy some parts ...)

Btw - trimer - if decided not to use it - do I just simply connect emittor of Q1 directly to -V?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Did you calculate the resistor values for the 431 device? I am also curious how you would connect that device to the negative side.

didn't calculated yet resistors

connecting?
like zenner-
exactly the same,just final resistor chaaaaaaaange place

:Popworm: :wave2: :crazy: :emoticon: :headbash: :headbash: :joker:

tip for steen:
minus is always minus
plus is always plus

what you'll call ground
that's your choice
if you are good at it
components will agree with your choice

mods!
where's mine "reinventing the wheel" smiley??

connecting?
I would like to see a working schematic;) I did connect the 431 as you say is the obvious way, but but but.......
Well, I want to discuss the main supply a little more. I just went through some boxes of (big surprise!!) electronic stuff and found this. Take a look at the pic. Isnt that a mains filter of some sort?
Could I try that in front of the trafo? Ofcourse I could try, I know that:D But would it be reasonable?? Any chance it would cancel out the darn buzz??:)

Attachments

• mains_filter.jpg
    mains_filter.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 510
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Here is another from the rearside. As you can see on the tracks, it was made for heavy duty:) I would appreciate it if someone could tune in on this.

bingo!

nice one
side with three legs- one is line,middle is ground,other side is neutral (in my country line and neutral are interchangeable,meaning that wall outlets and device plugs are not .....hm...phased-if that is proper word.

other side-with two legs -is output to load ;one line,other neutral

try it,immediately

tomorrow I'll try to fiddle with negative 431 and post
in a meantime ,one example
:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=766245&stamp=1131941055

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.