My Take on Threshold NS10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
hi

i know this is an old thread
and the preamp schematics is done, but i found this on web and was curious what do you think about it
similarities/differences
what could be modified (diodes out?)
thanks
ed

Attachments

• preamp-1.jpg
    preamp-1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 2,108
It seems an over complicated design mainly to be used as a RIAA preamp.

If your aim is to test a more sophisticated line amp design I would go with the SL10 which has common mode rejection at the input and no cap on the signal path.

I have redrawn, for clarity, the schematic of the SL10 from Nelson’s site which I reproduce here.

Attachments

• sl10 schema.jpg
    sl10 schema.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2,082
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Tony,

thanks for the comment and extra effort to redraw the sl10
to tell the truth, I already built sl10 /i even owned original sl10 for several years/
now i am intrigued by ns10 topology, its more se like

i plan to built russ schematics, an maybe the one i posted, for comparison, i am not interested in riaa, only in line preamp

can you and others comment on the schematics i posted?
anything you would change?
thanks
ed

NS10 schematics

I have had this for 27 years or so. It is the NS10 schematics. I believe it is correct. I tried to email it to Mr. Nelson Pass first, for a check, but the emails did not go through. But I am so pretty sure it is an original, I dare to post it. Enjoy!

Rolv-Karsten

Attachments

• threshold_ns10.pdf
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,346
Just after I posted the schematics I realised it was on graph paper, so it is probably ME who made this drawing 26 - 27 years ago, but not from memry, mind you! ;-) I cannot remember, an "original copy" migth be around somewhere here, or I was allowed to make a copy in the old way with pencil and paper. I had a colleague who serviced Ampzillas etc, and he also had access to other goodies, like Threshold schematics. (These amps probably never broke ;-)) Anyway, I still believe it is correct, however it is copied from some original. By the way, I seem to remember we had the M1 schematics also in those early days..... (I think some of my friends made NS10 clones way back 1/4 century ago.)

Rolv-Karsten

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.