My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another thing i would like to raise about the seas fa22 is ic you look at the specs and the driver properly, you realise it isn't built entirely as your usual full ranger. The cone looks a bit heavier and thicker and has an xmax of +/-3mm. Most full ranger has a maximum excursion of +/- 1mm. This could imply a sturdier cone to withstand the movement and hence loose some of the microdetail of the usual fullranger. I am presently using it with a helper tweeter. Without it there is a major drop in detail and airyness. But on the plus side, possibly because of the heavier cone, there is less shoutiness that my fostex 103 has. The decent excursion also means that if you fit it in a sealed or br box it can deliver a bass that is as good as a normal mid woofer.

Oon

My thoughts are shouts are frequency peaks that shows up once a power threshold is reach. After all i have never seen somebody give me a frequency response curve at 0.1W, 1W and 10W. There is no reason they should be exactly the same. It is well known that t/s. Parameters are different at different power level. So why not frequency responses peaks and dops...

DAC testing and modding

Here is Emotiva XDA-1. Plenty of space for modding, although it looks quite good already, at least for the price.

Time to play with this DAC
It has a very nice output section comprised completely of Toshiba 2sa970 and 2sc2240.
I wish they were jfets, but they are definitely one of my favourites for small signal bipolars

Need to check the caps + regs

Attachments

• 15092012318.jpg
    15092012318.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 15092012317.jpg
    15092012317.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 183
  • dac.jpg
    dac.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
I agree with what you say, however the capacitors are chinese crap so they are definitely going to be replaced.
Replace power supply caps with Panasonic FR caps, then replace all the signal caps with Elna Silmic.
But first I just want to listen to see if it is an improvement over the AKM DAC in the behringer deq2496.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.