My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
we look at the response curves that show the sensitivity of the speaker (not the driver alone, but the speaker as a whole) at each frequency.

we saw that the best bass response (most sensitive) is when the cab is naked, with no acoustic padding

but that doesn't mean it will sound better without padding, because the entire cab will be resonating due to standing waves n ****.

to see how the acustic padding improves the speaker (if it does) we need you to do impulse response measurement.

Thank you

You're welcome!

Read this just now: RE: Subwoofer for Danley SH-50 - tomservo - High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

I've never had any truly flat, wide BW, power response speakers, so never gave it much thought, but if Tom says his Synergy concepts work best overall toe'd in as I suggested earlier, then the way we hear pretty much dictates it regardless of the speaker's polar response.

WRT beaming speakers 'splashing' behind the listening position, it's always a good idea for this area to be diffuse in nature, so bookcases, heavy drapes, etc. is a good plan.

GM

Radian 475pb vs AN15 Treble

Very surprised to see that Radian 475PB is no where near as efficient as published, or maybe AN15 is more efficient than published.
1/12 Octave smoothing
Black is AN 15
Blue is 475PB

I will try a different Horn and see what happens

Attachments

• rad vs AN.jpg
    rad vs AN.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 177
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.