My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yes I agree. A pc, hard drive, of flash card reader is far superior than cd player
I also use pc, or flash card reader

I don't know why people are prepared to spend 1000s on other things but when it comes to speakers they don't want to spend more than a couple of hundred dollars.

Last edited:
Ahhhhh, well, a staggered back wall (firing towards couchs and the kitchen cabinets sounds way better than a bare wall).

I started with 10 x 4' long x 4" pvc tubes to "attack" the side wall reflection (brick) in a house.

I eventually settled on sonotube (4' tall x 12" wide) because it was only $5 each, 7 years ago. I kept a little less than a foot between them. I used 4 of them on the side wall to catch 1st reflections. It made a huge difference to the sound quality. It was like the wall moved back 20'. My back wall reflection was fine (couch on 1 or 2 cider blocks high), but I imagine the round tubes would have helped behind you. I'be been tempted to try 4 in the back of my current horrible room.

I've had a whole 24' side wall covered in 3" foam but it was so dead it was uncomfortable.

Since then I'm been a fan of diffusion (round definitely, not slats) similar to old church designs. To me, get the sides, then the back, then the front. Then if you are daring, go for the ceiling and lastly maybe the floor.

Church Sound System House of Worship and Church Acoustics Consultant

http://www.jdbsound.com/work/seven days.pdf

Norman

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
i think one should spend about three to five times on speakers than they spend on the rest of the system. Also they should spend some money on preparing their listening room.

speakers are the worst offender in a system.

You do that, you usually don't end up with the best system for the money. As inferior in the chain as a speaker may be, it is important to have a good source and a synergistic amp to drive the speakers with of you end up just reproducing crap.

dave

You do that, you usually don't end up with the best system for the money. As inferior in the chain as a speaker may be, it is important to have a good source and a synergistic amp to drive the speakers with of you end up just reproducing crap.

dave

find me a system that sounds better than the 12" CF AN in 5.6 cabs and the lm4780 in stereo, for less than eur500.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.