My incredibly expensive and awesome finished line arrays *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Gatti my loudspeakers look super-awesome and i am not
skilled in wood work i have created them with just a hammer
and a chisel,you want to see them?,check with your doctor
first cause you could experience a shock of mamooth proportions
at the end of the day everyone comments on how good they look
i say dont they look too good for sale and they say how much?
and i dont make boastful claims!!!!
by the way your speakers look awesome Mr Gatti

:whazzat:
Posted by GRollins in another thread

From mastertech's website:

# The Leader in audio Fidelity
# Highly Engineered Equipment
# Highest Quality Assembly
# Power mosfet super linearisation

The Leader? (er...did I miss something?)

mastertech,
Even making allowances for variations in English language useage around the world, it would help if you got someone to proofread your site. The white papers could use a little touch-up as well. While you're at it, you might tone down the hyperbole and double check a few facts.
For instance, although I am pretty squarely in the analog camp (call me a dinosaur if you like, but hey, I like dinosaurs...) I wouldn't be so rash as to predict that digital formats will fail. Such pronouncements are at least twenty years too late, and inaccurate at that.
I admit to a certain degree of amusement in seeing a web page purporting to sell class A MOSFET amplifiers...but on tagging the link for "Product" I got a notice that the page was unavailable. Thankfully, the "Order" link produced a similar result. In both cases I was rewarded with the picture of what appeared to be a plastic monkey along with the error message. I'm sure it was unintended, but it did make me laugh.
If I were in the market to buy a pig-in-a-poke amplifier, I would be somewhat less amused by the Chief Cook and Bottlewasher's refusal to identify himself by name. Any reputable company is staffed by real people who are proud of their product and identify themselves unambiguously. It inspires confidence in the product. Someone who hides behind a coy nom du web on what appears to be a commercial site might lead one to wonder what they had to hide.
Sigh...
Bob's point about class AB being better for him due to efficiency concerns is a valid one. There are lots of people who find that to be a good tradeoff. I still use my older Thresholds, even though they're class AB. My tube amps are AB also, although I assembled a variant that was class A and ran it for a month or two; marvelous sound, but not enough power for me, since my speakers are only of moderate efficiency.
I just finished reading an article about Burt Rutan and SpaceShipOne. I'd love to own my own rocket. It would be a really nifty way to get to work. However, it's not exactly what you'd call practical, so I have not embarked on a DIY rocket (yet). Class A amplification is a somewhat more reasonable proposition for me. I can have something that is cutting edge without having to drop a few million dollars in R&D funds. It may not get me to work, but it's still fun to play with.
mastertech, while it's noble that you are a class A, Pass Labs, DIY, rootin' tootin' FANATIC, I suggest that you develop at least a passing interest in manners. Not that you have to be a fanatic, mind you, but it might help a bit.

Grey

Variac said:
well, with that line of SA tweeters thylantyr certainly spent a fortune on HIS speaker drivers! :eek:

I had heard rumors that they were no longer made- looks like they are available ?

If I had my way, I would use eight per side.

No longer made? The SA product line is based on that
driver.

http://www.stage-accompany.com/new/index.html

I did find a bigger driver than the SA, it's crazy and cost 3x more.

:devilr:

$549 Euro
http://www.stage-accompany.com/new/sales/docs/Retail Pricelist June 2005 EUR.pdf

Carefull - I am now getting excited, better get some sort of propholactic device for my wallet :D

Now I will say this with certainty - those SA's ARE dangerous.

103Db - whew - get some earplugs :cannotbe:

I have often wondered about ribbons. Phillips I believe did some successfull drivers at some stage

Are there any other ribbons recomended?

ITO sound quality (Not efficiency) - how would these compare with a top of range seas excel tweeter? If you can answer this could you try to describe the difference?

I have had the opportunity of getting know a set of Maggie MMG's pretty well and loved them to bits. The imaging was supurb. How would a line array compare to these?

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Those SA tweets have a fine reputation. Especially compared to many horn/driver setups. I've never heard them, but apparently they are so good that they are an exceptional choice for home use too. Best of both worlds. They are not true ribbons, but film with the voicecoil on it. not only a piece of foil. This makes them so tough, but also usually means a step down in quality. In this case aparently not.....

come in a 6" version for just a bit more... Which is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.