my 1st ever D-amp, WORKING!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello PAfi,

nice info there.... :) ill go look again for those Qrr and trr....

IRF740: There is no N, but there is A, LC, and there is a variant made by ST, wich is the fastest.

had not know that until NOW...

PHP18NQ11T has some REAL NICE specs too... im dreaming :D

IRF6665.. digital audio MOSFET... waaaaahhhhh!!! how on earth do YOU find those kind of MOSFETs?? :D

I usually download datasheet/s when I see an unknown part/#..

as of now, I would like to change the 2N2222A(part of the modulator) with BC546 - BC550 (these are switching types) and the "TURN-ON" mosfet driver 2907 with BC556 - BC560(also switching types).... the "TURN-OFF 2907, is quiet OK...

thanks,
Raff

Pafi said:

No, you cannot use it at all! Think it over! When one FET is on, then the whole supply (2*42V=84V) is on the other FET!

oh.... ok?? I thought only HALF of the supply is going PAST 1 MOSFET.... but how come my IRF540N (100V) did NOT blow-up when I powered my diy UCD with +/-55VDC?

:cannotbe:

so I guess I COULD use the IRFZ24N with MAX supply of ONLY +/-15V (+/-21 unloaded) hehehe

talk about low power from the ucd.... :smash:

well, I could live with that... +/-18 @ 4A power supply... might as well keep it in my room.... Im really INTO the specs with the IRFZ24N... might actually try it out sooner or later...

im more into sound Quality now... ;) with the "faster" mosfets.....LESS with the power and MORE with quality sound reproduction..... im forced to.... :whazzat: if only ... whew

cheers,
Raff

no BUK.. too bad

anyway, changed some parts (current mirror and 'turn-ON' mosfet driver) to switching types.... changed also mt IRF540N to IRFZ24N && IRFZ48N.. still have to buy another 24N tommorow... and changed my power supply +/-48VDC to +/-24VDC(unloaded)....

guess what?? :D

I had to RE-adjust deadtime.... so it means amp is oscillating at a diff frew now... mainly due to a -bit- improved MOSFET ..... but only a LOWER power suppy... anyways, its works!! and Im happy with it....

and an improved audio too...:smash:

sorry I got none :(

I probably have to stick-n-play with a mono version and keep the other one stashed safely.. until I finally order or get some free samples from Fairchild... but is still months to come..
:whazzat:

might be content with lower Vdss of mosfets BUT faster switching components... what a trade-off...:D lower supply BUT greater sounding amp vs. HIGHER supply (higher wattage output) but amp forced to -follow- slower switching parts...

UCD rocks!

:smash:

cheers,
Raff

my UCD80 update :D yup!! 80, not 180... hahah

scenario:
downtown area... had to buy IRFZ24N.... 1st store, got only 2 of them,ran out of stock.... the other store had MANY but was only IRFZ24.. no "N"..... have to wait for another set of IRFZ24N's.... those are the ONLY locally avialable "FASTEST" switchers I could get... but its (Z24N) specs are pretty much close (or better) than PHP18NQ11T (my model mosfet).. only drawback is its Vdss = 55V... thats WHY I lowered supply from

+/-48VDC down to +/-24VDC.... at least THIS diy UCD sounds much better than using IRF540N switchers..

my 1st channel has identical IRFZ24N... the other channel has IRZ24N and IRFZ48N..

:D

power supply : +/-18V (+/-24VDC unloaded) @ 3A

Dc offset with NO speakers attached :

-->>>with coupling caps:
Current source_ON = 5.6mV // source_OFF = -3V

--->>>DC coupled (coupling cap/s removed/shorted)
Current source_ON = 35mV // source_OFF = -650mV

DC coupled sounds much "better" i dont know the exact term....

AND, IRFZ24N mosfets sounds MUCH better than using IRF540N....

If I manage to get a hold of the higher Vdss//faster MOSFETS, then I would go back to using +/-48VDC

anyways, thats all for now....

last stock of IRFZ24N(here in tacloban) made by IR... part# is engraved...

Attachments

• irfz24n.jpg
    irfz24n.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 581
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.